Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job extracts and integrates derived data from data platforms across the Highmark Health organization. This includes working with developers, data engineers, data analysts, scrum masters, and project managers to confirm code and definitions, creating metadata based upon the code developed, cleaning up and documenting sources used for creating derived data, documenting data definitions, and compiling efficient production worthy code for the creation and maintenance of data products.
- Using various tools, responsible for the deconstruction, documentation and hardening of code used to create derived analytic data within multiple analytic segments of the Organization.
- Document metadata and definitions (per established processes outlined by Data Governance) associated with derived data extracted from analytic code and reconstructed for production.
- Work with various analytic resources within the Organization to confirm reconstruction of extracted derived data, developing multiple definitions for the same measure where necessary.
- Leads functional efforts for assigned projects with limited supervision. This include the guidance and education of Intermediate and Associate contributors within this team. Meets individually with customers for specific projects, and will attend with Associate and Base for support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Systems Analysis, Data Processing, Healthcare Informatics, or Management Information Systems
- Master's in Management Information Systems
- 5 - 7 years of Data Analytics Experience
- 3 - 5 years of Healthcare Industry Experience
- Ability to interpret and write complex SQL code
- Experience with Hadoop and Hive
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Microsoft Office
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Referral Bonus: Level 2
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org