Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job supports thinkUP Leadership (in particular the Director of Innovation) in setting the detailed thinkUP Labs Innovation strategy, setting the detailed portfolio management strategy, partnering with key leaders internally and externally (including Lumevity clients), and supporting broader thinkUP and Lumevity integration. The incumbent will also oversee and manage the enablement capabilities for the thinkUP Labs Innovation function, including day to portfolio management, partner management, reporting and analytics, staffing coordination, and enabling innovation tools and technology. This also includes recommending better processes to do more innovation across the team, faster.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead and support key thinkUP Labs initiatives that set and detail out the overarching thinkUP Labs strategy, such as the stage gate process, application of agile to thinkUP Labs, portfolio balance strategy, and helping set the target areas for thinkUP Labs to focus resources and time.
- Conduct broad based market scans of new, interesting, unproven, proven, leading edge, breakthrough, innovations/capabilities/technologies and prepare recommendations on their applicability to the Highmark enterprise and/or Lumevity clients.
- Manage the portfolio of thinkUP Labs projects and capabilities.
- Manage and oversee Innovation Enablement capabilities such as partner management, reporting and analytics, staffing coordination, and innovation tools and technology.
- Develops and maintains partnerships with key internal (business leaders, capability partnerships) and external (e.g. universities, startups, innovation leaders) stakeholders that support the mission and vision of thinkUP Labs.
- Curate and manage a panel of experts who have extensive domain knowledge in areas thinkUP Labs is interested in. Coordinate their support at various points of our agile innovation stage gate process.
- Develop thought-leadership content for internal Highmark and Lumevity consumption based on the work being done in thinkUP Labs.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of Strategy or Management Consulting
- 3 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in Corporate Innovation
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong understanding of innovation horizons and innovation / R&D stage gates
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to make the innovation team better
- Familiar and comfortable with technical/ technology-related discussions
- Ability to work with and lead off-shore teams
- Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems; potential ability to lead teams in problem-solving exercises
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Basic project management skills
- Focus on impacts to the customer of decisions rendered
- Proactive in driving change and continuous improvement
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mindset
- Commitment to development of others and self
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org