Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job will assume responsibility of operational support with vendor relationships, working directly with the vendor client relationship role and to ensure day-to-day oversight and management in meeting performance expectations outlined in the service level agreement (SLA), contract and governance document.
- Oversee the work of external vendors and take responsibility for their work quality. Plan, manage and oversee all operational support of vendor relationships, working directly with the client relationship team and vendor to ensure performance is meeting our expectation outlined in the contract as well future contract negotiation planning and implementation for new business needs.
- Manage operational issues for day-to-day activities, respond to high priority, complex and/or escalated vendor requests and ensure vendors adhere to all operations service level agreement metrics. Makes recommendations for business process improvements with a thorough understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the business needs.
- Represent, engage and champion operational needs within the governance process and structure as outlined in the vendor contract to ensure efficient and effective relationship management of the services provided. Escalation to lead when necessary.
- Perform responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: coaching and development of peers and vendor staff, vendor performance management and productivity.
- Awareness and oversite of contracts applicable to team's vendors, ensuring partnership with procurement on contract development and renewal, and financial reimbursement. Ensure documentation of vendor compliance with key contract terms / requirements.
- Responsibility for invoice accuracy, payment, and compliance with contractual terms and that desired services were performed for vendors within their team. Responsibility for budget function including ensuring that purchase orders created are in compliance with Accounts Payable guidelines, data entered into the Highmark budget system consistent with senior management direction, awareness/communication of monthly actual versus budget reports to leadership.
- Assist in the creation of vendor strategy specific to the functional area and operationalize the approach. Lead the creation and modification of the operating model by which the company and the vendor(s) interact.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting, Health Care Management, Economics or related field
- 6 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree
- concentraction on contracting / procurment background
- 5 years in Vendor Management, Vendor Operations, Financial Reporting OR Budget Management
- 5 years in the Health Care industry
- 1 year in Project Management
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning
- Good communication skills
- Ability to quickly assess situations, identify and provide recommendations on issues
- Experience in and ability to thrive in a matrixed organization
- Experience with budget management
- Ability and comfort interacting and presenting to leaders
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and reprioritize
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Process Development and Oversite
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT :
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org