Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job is responsible for organizing and driving Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) related messaging for all key stakeholders which includes internal and external audiences. The incumbent will be involved in the SDOH strategy and infrastructure implementation and research industry trends to identify the best ways to deliver SDOH related communications and partner with leaders to employ new methods and approaches within the function. This individual will work with matrixed partners across the enterprise to develop the strategic plan for SDOH messaging including but not limited to Corporate Communications, Enterprise Learning and Development, Marketing and Sales. The incumbent will partner with leaders on materials and content to drive consistency as well as build the strategy to fully integrate SDOH messaging and communications in core operations via an integrated plan. This position will work with the SDOH Executive Leadership group, Operations Leadership group and other key stakeholders focused on SDOH across the enterprise.
- Perform communications consultation activities for the function. Partner with leaders and other key partners to understand the message and purpose, and propose the appropriate method for communications. Write and deliver employee communications. Serve as the primary communications point of contact for all change-related activities that affect large populations of employees.
- Manage large employee events including, but not limited, to: partnering with leaders to build agenda, materials, and content. Work with meeting services on scheduling and other support functions to coordinate the event.
- Own the functions integrated communication calendar and SharePoint site. Coordinate all forums and meetings across the leadership team. Determine the best way to deploy SharePoint to the employee population and drive usage.
- Tracks and measure effectiveness of communications.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Communications
- Master's Degree in Business or Communications
- 5 years in Corporate Communications
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Strong influence management skills preferred
- Focus on building strong internal client relationships
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure independently and as part of a team
- Experience with media relations strategy and aligning internal and external messaging
- Superior attention to details
- Knowledge of grammar and AP (Associated Press) and corporate style writing
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
- Ability to solve problems independently
Language: (Other than English)
- 0% to 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Does Not Apply
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Does Not Apply
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Does Not Apply
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy. Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org