Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This role is a member of the SDoH (Social Determinants of Health) team, managing strategic partnerships, programs, and grant making efforts in Highmark’s New York markets with a secondary focus on Highmark's expanding footprint. The incumbent will play a key role in development and successful implementation of the [health equity fund] including program development, grants and project management, internal and external communications, research and analysis, reporting, community engagement, and events. Will have deep knowledge of and experience with diverse communities and will know how to foster collaboration and support for positive change among vulnerable populations. The incumbent will possess knowledge of the broad social, economic, and place-based forces affecting SDoH. Will have the skills to facilitate authentic, productive dialogue within diverse communities and settings and have a record of success in working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds. Will also support Blue Fund and assist the Vice President, Community Affairs in managing other community programs and activities that support the total health experience of our members and enhance the health and quality of life in the communities that we serve. Will have strong knowledge of nonprofit organizations and assist in connecting aligned initiatives with grant opportunities in the markets served.
- Oversees and leads the creation and implementation of a comprehensive SDoH plan for Western and Northeastern New York that aims to reduce health inequities and improve the quality of life of Highmark Health members and the communities it serves. Develops and cultivates strategic collaborations with key external partners (i.e., corporations, associations, foundations, non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and subject matter experts) to support the execution of the SDoH plan. Creates, manages, and facilitates community stakeholder sessions and workshops related to SDoH and Health Equity. Represents Highmark Health in existing (and new) local and statewide SDoH and Health Equity committees, workshops, workgroups, and steering committees.
- Aligned with the Blue Fund grants program in New York, oversees and coordinates the portfolio of grants that improve health inequities in Western and Northeastern New York. In conjunction with the grants program in New York, solicits, analyzes, and processes funding proposals to determine eligibility and potential for success, conduct background research and site visits, prepare written and verbal summaries and recommendations. Supported by and in conjunction with the Community Affairs team, ensures timely submission of grant documents and reports and verifies that grant funds are spent in accordance with the terms in the grant agreement. Maintains strong, authentic relationships with grant seekers and grantees, effectively communicating the company’s goal of partnering with communities to improve health equity and reduce health disparities. Develops a proficiency with the software system used for grant making and management.
- Serves as an ambassador, thought leader and an advocate for the industry and Highmark Health at key events/meetings. Develops strong cross-sector relationships while representing the company and identifying potential partners. Regularly interacts with team members, consultants, current grantees, potential grantees, grant-making colleagues, health care leaders and members of the community. Coordinates and attends site visits with prospective and past grant recipients.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- 7 years in Administrative Management, Project Management, Event Planning, or Community Programs
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- 10 years in a healthcare environment
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in philanthropy and nonprofit sector
- Strong, established involvement in the community
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to successfully negotiate with a variety of external entities
- Strong public speaking, strategic thinking, and conflict management skills
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strategic Planning
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Experience in database information and reporting for proprietary database software
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with persons of diverse backgrounds and organizations
- Effective at communicating in person, in digital settings and in writing and presentations
- Computer proficiency in all Microsoft components along with good technology and computer presentation skills
- Experience working with confidential information
Language (Other than English):
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org