Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for providing programmatic leadership on Harm Reduction within the Center for Inclusion Health, Center for Recovery Medicine and the Allegheny Health Network. The incumbent will support AHN providers and staff across multiple settings in the tenets and implementation of a harm reduction model of care delivery and integration into day-to-day practice. Will develop and provide trainings to staff and providers working in both the inpatient and the outpatient setting and provide information regarding referrals to Center for Recovery Medicine (consult service, OP clinics).
- Identify effective harm reduction strategies and work to implement in AHN care settings and at a community level with selected organizations.
- Coordinate outreach, education and access to care services for those affected by opioid use disorder and opioid overdoses and refer to treatment as appropriate.
- Plan and implement a community-based naloxone education and distribution program, identifying community organizations in high risk neighborhoods who are receptive and able to partner with CIH.
- Collaborate closely with community organizations to develop culturally-appropriate materials and strategies to raise awareness about the dangers of opioids, availability of naloxone, and other harm reduction strategies; Act as advocate for people who use drugs and help reduce stigma and barriers to care within AHN and Partner Organizations.
- Maintain records about the distribution of naloxone to these community organizations, including but not limited to number of events hosted, number of people trained and number of doses distributed.
- Collect data from CIH programs to identify overdoses – for reporting to ACHD per OD2A grant requirements.
- Develop processes and procedures that will facilitate client access to drug treatment, such as warm hand-offs and expedited enrollment in medication assisted treatment programs. Provide referral to health services with AHN and other systems to engage drug users in primary and behavioral health care.
- Support other drug-related activities in CIH through close work with staff involved with affected populations in addressing the drug crisis in Allegheny County, including primary prevention, harm reduction and treatment initiatives.
- Provide referrals to syringe services programs and other harm reduction programs; Act as advocate for people who use drugs and help reduce stigma and barriers to care within AHN and Partner Organizations.
- Coordinate Activities with local and state level organizations doing harm reduction work and participate in conferences, conference calls and workgroups addressing opioids and related public health topics, at the direction of CIH Leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or a related Health Care field
- 3 years working in an Addiction Medication or Substance Use program as a clinical provider
- 3 years as a Registered Nurse
- 3 years using a Harm Reduction approach in health care or community setting
- Development of education/trainings materials
- Direct patient care/addiction medicine
- Training of providers across multiple types of organizations
- Master's Degree in a Health Care field
- Registered Nurse license
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org