Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is part of an executive administrative team. This job provides administrative support to more than one Vice President and/or Senior Vice President. Incumbents will rely on experience and judgment to complete responsibilities, plan, accomplish goals and meet deadlines, and is required to be a consummate professional with a demonstrated record of enabling executives to carry out their duties with high effectiveness and efficiency. This job will have latitude in work project and requires a highly self-motivated with strong work ethic, diplomacy, political awareness, multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to execute their work by prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively both in person and virtually to all levels in the organization. Display effective communication skills while interacting and responding, both written and verbally, with internal and external entities on behalf of assigned management. Maintain a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks.
- Provide secretarial services support to assigned Executives (Vice President and above). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: (a) maintaining calendars for the Executive including scheduling meetings, making conference room reservations, meeting arrangements, and arranging audio/visual equipment as needed. Prepare for meetings by creating, organizing, and distributing meeting materials; (b) performing typing, word processing, transcribing and proofreading activities concerning correspondence, memoranda, schedules, reports, presentation materials and statistical information; (c) using Microsoft products to create and revise files including but not limited to spreadsheets and executive presentations; (d) attending selected meetings in a non-participatory manner to take appropriate notes and conserve time while assuring familiarity with meeting developments; (e) Scheduling travel and managing the executive’s itinerary, and processing expenses for reimbursement; (f) compiling various information and performing minor calculations as required for departmental reports; (g) Maintain a communication flow by receiving and distributing correspondence via mail services or on-line communication networks; (h) Scheduling reservations, meeting arrangements, conference rooms and audio/visual equipment as needed; (i) Receiving visitors and telephone calls in a courteous and efficient manner and direct inquires to the appropriate staff based on an overall knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and/or (j) Maintaining hardcopy and on-line correspondence and administrative files.
- Serves as the point of contact for department organization by working with the Executive to schedule and organize team events, coordinate new employee onboarding, and ensure the team has access to necessary supplies. Works with IT for technology and system requests as needed.
- Works closely and effectively with the executive to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities; following up appropriately.
- Review and prioritize information and inquiries received for the consideration of the Executives, make high-level contacts from both inside and outside the Organization, and address and answer inquiries and solicitations paying constant attention to formal clearance, procedural controls, and organizational sensitivity.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School / GED
- Associate's Degree OR
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years in a secretarial, administrative or executive assistant role
- 3 years with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent typing, word processing and/or typing and proofreading skills as well as a working knowledge of PC word processing, spreadsheet and graphic applications
- Organizational Skills
- Possess the utmost of integrity in the discreet handling of confidential information
- Knowledge of corporate programs, policies, procedures and protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org