Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job drives quality and execution for the Health Plan business teams' experience with all technical systems for a given functional area (e.g., Sales). The incumbent acts as the primary "business translator" between executives, professionals, technical leaders, and specialists within the HM Health Solutions (HMHS) organization. The incumbent plans and addresses ad-hoc technical issues as they arise or as the business need develops, and works to identify root causes and enhancements when required. The incumbent reports to Health Plan business leadership.
- Strategy. Mobilize strategy for strategic initiative (STI) planning, execution, and deployment. This is both for long range STI's and short term projects, as well as foundational investments. For an assigned functional area (e.g,. Sales), contribute and govern the portfolio of HMHS work including proposal development, customer communications, work estimates analysis/evaluation, and regular engagement with HMHS staff and business leadership around deliverables and statements of work. Foster and maintain integrated partnerships with HMHS (IT) and Consulting services counterparts and leadership as well as Health Plan executives and directors.
- Leadership. Define structured professional development including mentorship, formal training, templates, and best practices in the area of project management and consulting. In managing complex projects and initiatives on behalf of the Health Plan for a department or functional area, build, share, and maintain expertise in both IT components as well as the business environment and external marketplace. Regularly interface with business leaders, Operational, and Product leaders, alongside HMHS senior consulting staff peers to help HMHS deliver on customer commitments. Collaborate with business leadership team on the strategic alignment of how HMHS affects operational and business (customer) needs. Lead cross functional teams to deliver on complex capabilities that the marketplace demands, owning bottom line accountability for business engagement with new/fixed/enhanced capabilities.
- Operations. Work with HMHS practice and delivery leads to write the business requirements to be translated into technical requirements. Identify process improvement opportunities from technical issues that arise. Work with business leadership to address root causes, driving and overseeing recommended changes and process improvements. Collaborate with business leadership on the development of business cases, with aligned ROI, for future STI funded work that is over 500 hours. Ability to "roll up sleeves" and actively deliver and troubleshoot HMHS engagement opportunities, develop executive level communication strategies on high complex and escalated issues. Direct HMHS project teams in their interactions with business leaders and external clients, including matrixed/cross-functional teams.
- Communications. Communicate with HMHS peers as enhancements/projects are scoped, developed, and delivered to ensure that HMHS teams have clear direction and proper inputs required to deliver solutions for the Health Plan. Communicate with HMHS senior consultants and solutioning and delivery leads to ensure that technical issues are properly defined as enhancements, defects, routine maintenance, etc. in order to drive timely resolution in a cost-effective manner. Provide regular status reporting on all tickets to business leadership, identifying tickets which require executive leadership influence to affect outcomes. Strategically plan communications to Health Plan business stakeholders on new initiatives and capabilities to ensure proper engagement and adoption.
- Project Management. Regularly monitor the volume, duration, and severity of tickets submitted by assigned department / functional area, collaborating with HMHS peer senior consultants and escalating where needed. Work with business leaders (Director, VP and SVP) to appropriately analyze and prioritize/rank enhancements for approval. Communicate and escalate enhancements requiring VP level approval. Monitor and maintain enhancement hours and budget. Monitor and manage service level performance between HMHS and Health Plan business area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management or General Studies
- 6 years of experience in consulting and/or relevant business experience in the fields of IT, health insurance, Sales and/or Operations in lieu of degree
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management
- 5 - 7 years in Communications; in a Business Analyst role or in the Health Insurance Industry
- 3 - 5 years in Consulting
- 1 - 3 years in IS/IT
- 1 - 3 years in Operational Excellence
- 0 - 1 years in Sales Account Management
- 0 - 1 years in Sales Support
- 0 - 1 years in Leadership
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Producer's License - Accident & Health
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Health Insurance
- Communication Skills
- IT Industry
- Creativity Skills
Language (Other than English)
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
WFA - Work From Anywhere
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Referral Level: 1
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org