Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job is responsible for the approval, development and growth of proposed training needs, continued development of curriculum content, determination of the most effective delivery strategy, and oversight of training development. The incumbent also oversees the Administrative Residency Program, Administrative Fellowship Program, High School/College Internship Program, Paraprofessional Program and Student On-boarding. Acts as the liaison of all development and expansion of the Health Sciences Education Programs with the Allegheny Health Network’s Executive Leadership Team establishing key partnerships to best fit the needs of all areas network wide.
- Perform responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Including the management of direct reports.
- Plan, direct, and control the day-to-day operations; develop/implement policies and programs as necessary as well as oversee all budgetary and financial needs of the department.
- Provide professional advice and consultation on training and development strategies. Evaluate learning and development programs to ensure they are aligned with business strategy and maximize return on investment.
- Develop, monitor, and evaluate processes for internal programs. Evaluations may consist of both formal data analysis and informal discussion and feedback.
- Oversee the review of all clinical programs. Research and identify affiliates to support the objectives of each program. Negotiate and implement all Affiliation Agreements.
- Conduct needs analysis and regular consultation with business managers, human resources, and internal work teams on development of materials, programs, and course content. Assure programs' compliance with regulatory agency standards.
- Coordinate Administrative residency and Fellowship rotations across the enterprise to ensure consistency, compliance, and a positive resident experience.
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace. Design, administer, and manage learning programs that help address training and development needs. Assess trends and findings for future incorporation into program curriculum within the organization. Amend and revise programs as necessary, to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment.
- Provide day-to-day administration and logistical support for delivery of programs and processes. Provide guidance to Project Managers as they act as liaisons between students and program managers regarding any issues or questions.
- Administrative Residency Program – Oversee continued expansion of recruitment across educational institutions nationwide including but not limited to oversight of monthly educational and social networking opportunities to enhance student experience, retention and network. Involvement in the recruiting, interviewing and placement objectives of the program.
- Administrative Fellowship Program: Oversee and provide social and educational assistance from Health Sciences. Oversee, develop and facilitate week long orientation at start of program. Continued efforts around monthly touchpoints and rotational hand-offs to streamline communication and increase satisfaction and engagement. Involvement in the recruiting, interviewing and placement objectives of the program.
- High School/College Internship Program: Oversight of continued expansion and partnership with each partnering hospital to continue to outline timeline and expectation of program. Involvement in the recruiting, interviewing and placement objectives of the program.
- Paraprofessional Program: Ongoing research and development opportunities to rollout other paraprofessional programs to meet AHN needs network wide. Continued leadership of team efforts on improvement and success of MA Academy.
- Student On-boarding: Oversee focus of student onboarding (with the exception of nursing and medical students) to enhance student experiences across the network by creating a one-stop-shop for onboarding and connection to Allegheny Health Network.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education/Adult or Continuing Ed
- Master’s degree in Education/Adult or Continuing Ed
- 1 - 3 years of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 7-10 years in an institution of Higher Education setting
- 5-7 years managing educational programs in a health care setting (ie internship or residency programs)
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability in efficiency and time management to effectively manage multiple programs and activities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators from institutions of higher education
- Demonstrated leadership qualities of both people and programs
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org