Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
We are making a seismic shift away from trying to fix health care, to creating a new model of health that is dynamic, perpetual and focused on individuals and their health journey. We call it Living Health. Living Health is built on providers and payers “care and coverage” working together in service of customers and clinicians. The model has two parts: Solutions - Better designed answers for customer and clinician problems that improve customer engagement, clinician engagement, health outcomes, and affordability; and Partnerships – networks of partners organized to reduce cost and deliver solutions. The clinical study manager will lead the testing and validation of specific solutions to produce real world evidence (RWE) with an end goal of driving scaling and market adoption of successful solutions.
- Consult with team members or other enterprise partners in the evaluation of clinically innovative solutions and build buy-in for these solutions with key Enterprise or partner stakeholders.
- Planning and leading the delivery of clinical validation studies to time, budget, and scientific and governance requirements with matrixed partners and steakholders thro]ughout the Enterprise.
- Accountable for coordination of study design/protocol, clinical/patient work flow, clinical site training, and patient engagement, enrollment, and recruitment while actively partnering to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including key Enterprise partners to build buy-in for the test and learn program and individual solutions in the portfolio.
- Drive milestone based outcome reporting through coordination with the matrixed analytic team and lead the creation and finalization of each deliverable while extracting insights from ongoing and completed studies to develop the adoption and engagement strategy for the solution into the health system.
- Work collaboratively with key physicians to develop project design and analytics and build broad based support for the solution, which may include presentations to clinical leadership or other stakeholders.
- Actively advance dissemination of study outcomes including preparation and review of manuscripts (co-authorship) for publication, or other internal or external presentations.
- Actively engage with both internal and external customers to maintain alignment with program goals and objectives and provide customers with clear guidance on study objectives and execution and downstream solution activation within our health system.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in general science or life/health related science degree or related disciplines
- Advanced Degree – MS, PHD, MPH, MD
- 5 years work experience, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields
- 3 years work experience post graduate degree, with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields
- 3 years in payer, hospital system, or care delivery industry
- 3 years of influencing change in complex organizational systems OR
- 3 years around the research setting, preferably clinical research
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to solve complex conceptual and operational problems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Basic project management skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mind-set
- Commitment to self-development and the development of others
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Referral Level Payout 2
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org