Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
This job is accountable for grassroots efforts, developing relationships and acting as a liaison with local community organizations, key community leaders, partners and health plan members to promote the Organization's role as a leader in improved healthcare for the community at large. The incumbent represents the Organization to enhance the Organization’s brand awareness/preference, leadership, image, reputation and community involvement. Works with non-profit organizations with regard to sponsorships, volunteerism and special community programs. Implements and manages multiple programs and events that support the Organization’s business and community missions that address the Social Determinants of Health, designing and managing all phases of the project life-cycle. Meets with agencies and organizations to assess their volunteer opportunities. Designs, implements and manages volunteer and community programs.
- In field travel throughout assigned territory a minimum of 4 days per week. Able to work weekends and extended hours as needed.
- Develop territory management plan and process incorporating health education and Latino relations. Build an understanding of Managed Care issues, Medicare, Medicaid, Dual Special Needs and delivery of those services to the community. Identify and develop relationships with healthcare stakeholders, faith based leaders, government employees, elected officials and community leaders. Contact unsolicited community organizations and leaders. Provide health education presentations regularly.
- Locate and identify non-participating providers for referral to Provider Contracting. Serve as a brand ambassador wearing company logo identified apparel daily.
- Meet and communicate with outside entities regularly to learn of community needs. Serve as a representative in the community. Attend meetings/events with community leaders, non-profit organizations and potential partners.
- Design, implement and manage all phases of the program life-cycle for the Organization's programs and events, including setting goals, defining tasks and times, managing implementation according to plan and within budget. Manage special events, programs and corporate employee engagement activities and special corporate initiatives. Manage resource allocation such as volunteers, inter-department support and vendors.
- Develop collaborations and partnerships with key community stakeholders, internal departments and the Organization's subsidiaries to effectively implement community programs and events. Serve as a resource and team lead to the department on subject-matter expertise, and contribute to and manage medium to large projects within the department.
- Collaborate with Medicare Sales team to identify site opportunities. Develop, plan and facilitate hyper-local virtual events in respective territories.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 6 years’ related experience in lieu of education
- Master's Degree in related field
- 5 years in Corporate Community Philanthropy, Health or Human Service community programs, or related experience.
- 7 years in Community Engagement/Community Programs/Nonprofit Programs/Corporate Community Philanthropy/Health or Human Services community programs or related experience
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Have or secure Medicare Insurance Licensure, including Life and Health Insurance
- Experience in volunteer management
- Self motivated
- Fearless community engager
- Ability to prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, flexible and creative work ethic
- Project management and or event planning
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Effective relationship builder
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including speaking in front of large groups
- Volunteer management familiarity
Language (Other than English)
75% - 100%
** This position covers the territory within the counties in Northwest PA – particularly the Erie are and surrounding counties. This position requires in-the-field assignments. Candidate most reside near Northwest PA **
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Referral Level: 1
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org