Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job turns data into information, information into insight, and insight into action. The incumbent leads teams and collaborates with business stakeholders to evaluate their need for information, identify potential solutions, gather and analyze data, and present conclusions in a concise and understandable format. The incumbent is expected to become intimately familiar with “the story of the business” as viewed through the lens of data, to champion the adoption of analytics as a tool for organizational change, and to serve as trusted advisors for all levels of management.
- Evaluate a need for information: Coordinate with a broad spectrum of internal customer areas to identify complex business problems. Define the required outcomes and determine the ideal path toward achieving these outcomes.
- Lead teams to identify potential solutions: Evaluate new requirements against the tools, methods, and information currently available to solve the problem. Develop new tools and methods if necessary. Understand the interaction between new and existing solutions across the business.
- Gather and analyze data: Extract and transform data from all necessary sources. Foster relationships with data owners and become an expert on the information available in various data repositories. Be prepared to test established hypotheses, independently discover hidden patterns, and everything in between.
- Present conclusions to senior leadership in a concise and understandable format: Understand how to effectively communicate with customers in every possible medium, be it in-person conversations, phone calls, email, instant messages, presentations, or interactive dashboards. Use information design best practices to design content that is immediately understandable by the intended audience.
- Provide direction, guidance, and training to teammates with less experience. Serve as a project manager, assigning highly complex work and monitoring the accuracy and progress of the assigned work.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop, and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure delivery of knowledge and information
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Computer and Information Science, Mathematics or Information Technology
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Mathematics/Statistics, or Operations Research.
- 7 - 10 years in Data Analytics OR
- 7 - 10 years in Business Intelligence
- 1 - 3 years in Project Management
- 0 - 1 year in Consulting
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Lean Six Sigma
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving capabilities, critical thinker, able to investigate root causes and recommend solutions
- Proficient to master level with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Power Point, Word, and Access
- Understanding of SQL / querying capabilities
- Experience with end-user reporting tools such as Tableau, Tableau CRM, or Power BI
- Experience with ETL tools such as Alteryx
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with the Software Development Lifecycle Process
- Project Management Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective participation in team-based work
- Additional competencies:
- Energetic: The ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapid, fast changing, entrepreneurial, technology-driven culture; Passion for technology and a positive, can-do attitude is a must.
- Adaptability: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities and possesses the ability to understand business needs to master new skills and technologies in a short period of time.
- Results-Oriented and Data Driven: Must be a data driven decision maker who loves impacting the bottom line and achieves goals with available resources and abilities.
- Communication (written & oral): Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop and maintain cross-functional business relationships, as well as have excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org