Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Senior most coding auditor who evaluates medical records to determine the accuracy of coding, billing and documentation related to DRG, OPPS and outpatient claims. Reports findings both verbally and in writing and communicates results to affected areas. Uses information to generate topics for education, process changes and risk reduction. Provides guidance to System entities in response to external coding audits conducted by the Medicare Administrative Contractor, the RAC, MIC, ZPIC, etc. Interacts with external consultants regarding, billing, coding and/or documentation and evaluates their recommendations and/or teaching plans in accordance with federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Audits and reports on the documentation, coding and billing performed at System entities. (25%)
- Reviews, develops and delivers training programs and educational materials which address deficiencies identified in the audits. (25%)
- Consults with management. Provides written guidance. Participates with management in the assessment of external audit findings and responds as needed. Attends meetings and interacts with management to resolve issues and provide advice on new programs. (25%)
- Maintains coding knowledge and billing regulations associated with DRGs, CPT coding, ICD diagnosis and procedures coding and changes in CMS regulations. (25%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- RHIA (Bachelors' Degree).
- Coding certification is required (Certified Coding Specialist -; CCS or COC)
- Current Driver’s License (as car and travel throughout Western PA).
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in hospital coding and auditing as well as experience in educational techniques and methods.
- Must be proficient in Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs), National Correct Coding Initiatives, ICD 10 CM Official Guidelines, Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Coding Clinic references.
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems and regulations pertaining to health information (HIPAA, CMS, etc.)
- Proficient writing skills, preparation of reports and training materials and presentation of clear and concise information (oral and written) are also required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Master’s Degree.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org