Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job has the goal of providing the opportunity to acquire practical experience through direct exposure to various parts of our organization and to develop the next generation of diverse business leaders. To that end, the program will provide hands-on training and experience in corporate, customer, operations, or provider functions , and prepare participants for potential potential positions in the Leadership Acceleration Program (LAP). Typical responsibilities include, providing services to the day-to-day operating objectives of the assigned area, participating in projects and programs appropriate to the needs of the assigned area, participating in the planning and implementation of projects and initiatives, conducting research and reporting including recommendations or proposals for action.
- Complete assignments and project work in the assigned functional rotational area including gathering and synthesizing data into meaningful observations, analyzing, identifying, and problem solving various for situations. Present findings and recommendations to leadership and work-group at the close of the internship.
- Use analytical, organizational, and project management experience and skills to contribute in completing assigned projects.
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging industry trends for consideration in design and improvement relating to rotations. Use educational and prior professional experience to operate in an advisory capacity, both to leaders within the assigned function and customers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across business units, vendors, and partners during rotations.
- Perform work in compliance with all Highmark Health standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree - Full or part-time enrollment in an accredited college or university baccalaureate program
- Active in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
- Must be legally authorized to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship
- Leadership role in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and Spoken Communication Skills
- Leadership and Inter-Personal Skills
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org