Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsibilities include accountability for safe and efficient operation of all duties performed related to the position. Safe operation and daily maintenance of equipment assigned including but not limited to: trucks, tractors, trailers, vans or other delivery and/or material handling equipment. Duties may include staging, loading and unloading to achieve established goals. Will be required to perform verification and checker duties for all loads delivered and/or returned as procedures require. Will be required to complete all records and reports as required to maintain and satisfy government and company regulations. Complies with all government regulations for Safety and maintains all certifications for equipment as required.
- Ensure that all delivery and manifest documents and functions are completed accurately and timely.
- Distributes documentation to proper departments.
- Assists in loading/unloading trucks and operates material handling equipment as needed.
- Checks that orders are complete and that proper labels and tickets are applied when required.
- Verifies proper documentation is available with deliveries as required.
- Maintain safe and clean delivery equipment including removal and disposal of waste materials in appropriate manner.
- Ensure all Pre and Post Delivery Vehicle Inspection Reports are completed as required daily, and any deficiencies are reported to comply with government and company regulations.
- Ensure any and all potential OOS deficiencies are reported immediately in order to eliminate safety violations and downtime. Thorough Post-Delivery Inspections are the preventative action to achieve this goal and must be completed and reported at the end of each delivery shift.
- Ensure the completion of daily work assignments and delivery routes, to maximize productivity while ensuring all Safety regulations and standards are achieved.
- Maintain company procedures and standards for Ecological policies regarding recycling, energy conservation and other green initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED
- 2 years of driving experience in a distribution and/or delivery capacity OR certification from an accredited driving school
- Class “A” “B” or “C” license will be required depending on position.
- Obtain a Department of Transportation Medical Examination Certificate within 30 days of hire date and maintain the certificate as required
- Pre-employment and random drug testing will be required to comply with all DOT and government regulations
- Annual review of driving record will be required to comply with all DOT and government regulations
- Knowledge of FMCSA regulations.
- Ability to visually and audibly perform all essential functions.
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org