Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job is an integral member of an agile software engineer team responsible for building scalable software applications across all digital channels to serve our customers. Responsible for taking an enterprise-wide, architectural view of the solutions and the technical execution of products using the technical stack that best meets the needs of the platform. The associate and team will be involved in every aspect and part of the software application build process from idea generation, business analysis, technical design and software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
- Assists and actively participates on project teams in various project roles.
- Research best practices, leading technologies, and emerging industry trends for consideration in design and improvement relating to rotations.
- Assists in collaborating with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Takes part in analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing less complex application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
- Utilizes and participates in the full system less complex development life cycle, per current standards.
- Designs and creates engineering specifications for software applications and programs.
- Writes code that adheres to coding standards set forth by the Principal Engineers.
- Performs code reviews.
- Helps in story creation (i.e. DoD, Acceptance Criteria, estimation). Creates Tasks for their stories in Digital AI, and updates status and assignment accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Have completed at least one quality internship in a relevant role to this position
- Active in one or more club, volunteerism effort, or other activity outside of the classroom
- Experience in at least one modern programming languages (Java, C++, or Perl preferred)
- Conceptual understanding of web service technology (API’s): Composite APIs, RESTFUL, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, and SOAP
- Experience with at least two of the following: NodeJS, Oracle Database, NoSQL databases, SQL, Linux and JCL
- Ability to translate technical design documents, design mockups/prototypes and user stories into working applications
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with software applications through debugging methodologies
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge/background with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Web and Spring Batc
- Ability to produce code that is fault-tolerant, efficient, and maintainable
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Delivery
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and sustain internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Passion for user experience and improving usability
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org