Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Leads, supports and facilitates process improvement initiatives across multiple functional units for both strategic and continuous process improvement efforts. Strategic and transformational support includes design and support throughout implementation to assure people/process/technical solutions align with strategic initiative while driving consensus among business units including process ownership and governance. Design activities include the documentation, management and oversight of end to end workflow process analysis assuring improved productivity, cost effectiveness, appropriate embedding of Key Performance Indicators, and appropriate controls for both regulatory and compliance considerations. Provides consultative services and analytic support to business management leveraging LEAN practices, Six Sigma methodologies and tools, capacity planning, resource allocation, work simplification, service level management, organizational design, consolidation, performance measurement systems, productivity improvement and expense control.
- Supports the definition, scoping, chartering efforts for business process analysis/design projects related to process improvement initiatives, assuring optimal business function deliver of the strategic delivery framework. This includes business modeling, documentation of the operating blueprint and process solution blueprinting efforts following the strategy definition as well as supporting the execution of the process solution blueprint during the implementation phase. (15%)
- Provides process and business consultation services which include research, analysis facilitation, process modeling, and business process improvement techniques to propose and implement business and system solutions that meet strategic objectives. Provide and support periodic reporting to leadership on assigned project activities. (10%)
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships across business unit/area level of management continuing to promote and continually broaden the level of business knowledge and the impact of quality/process improvement projects and programs. Participates in planning sessions with business owners to improve business processes and to prioritize and drive process re-engineering initiatives including process ownership and governance. (10%)
- Participates and supports business case development process to identify change execution impacts to people, process, and technology solutions to achieve business objectives. Participate and support the Change Execution Process assuring resource alignment/impacts are aligned with the process governance model. (10%)
- Drives comprehensive business process standards, analysis and measurement to assigned projects including the definition of business process modeling standards for assigned projects and evolves the Business Process Management Nomenclature standards of a Business Process Competency Center. (10%)
- Supports the expansion and development of Continuous Process Improvement and business process engineering skills, including Lean Six Sigma methodology across specific divisions and the enterprise, promoting the understanding and use of process improvement tools and concepts. Supports leadership and management with regard to the planning, implementation and production support of Lean Six Sigma projects and the Lean Six Sigma COE. (10%)
- In collaboration with release planning and implementation functions across varying divisions and business platforms. Ensures all changes to processes are reflected in the repository of process documentation. (10%)
- Accesses and analyzes processes, data points, and controls to determine sub-optimal performance, communicate findings clearly and effectively and make recommendations for improvement. Identify root causes of problems and demonstrate the ability to development and make recommendations for solutions to mitigate root cause. (10%)
- Coach and support leadership, value streams, managerial leaders, and front line teams in the change management process by using and developing the operational excellence system to appropriately align resources, engage team members, eliminate waste in the process, improve quality, experience, efficiency, and decreasing costs. This includes, but is not limited to, organizational culture change, annual goal planning and strategy deployment, daily management framework, problem solving, lean, and quality improvement, and six sigma. (10%)
- Educate senior leadership, value streams, managerial leaders, and front line teams in the operational excellence system, via coach the coach, train the trainer methods, and direct simplified methods. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Management Engineering, or IT
- 5-7 years of experience managing small to medium projects across multifunctional teams
- Master’s degree in Health Administration, Business Administration, Operational Excellence, Industrial Engineering, or IT Development
- Six Sigma Black or Green Belt Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Lean Certification
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org