Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job will oversee project execution in the Medicaid Business Unit (MBU) and be responsible for leading sophisticated complex projects and/or related activities within the confines of project methodology. Will facilitate timely decisions to maintain project schedule and budget. The incumbent will be the lead in communicating with stakeholders across the business/organization identifying and managing risks, presenting status reports and motivating and leading the team. In addition, the incumbent serves as a member of the PMO and fulfills a lead role in ensuring projects overseen are define, planned, implemented, and operated successfully, particularly where MBU resources are required. Ensures success through detailed and thorough management of projects and programs in accordance with the PMOs methodology, as well as by serving as a valued resource to different departments.
- Serve as a senior project leader for the definition, planning, and delivery of multiple large-scale product and technology projects, working with the executive sponsor (Director or higher) and other management as required to ensure achievement of the defined project goals. Receive high risk, visible efforts, must take a lead role in the successful delivery and implementation of cross-functional activities to achieve the desired results for a defined program and/or strategic initiative.
- Comprehensive oversight and maintaining ownership on small, medium, or large size projects throughout the course of the respective initiative.
- Communicating and consulting with business toward objectives, and ensuring accuracy of documentation involved through process while leveraging applicable, and pertinent, project management technologies (Microsoft Project, Jira, etc.)
- Mentor, and provide guidance, for less senior team members to align for any raised concerns and guidance toward problem solving.
- Drive the day-to-day operation of projects (including budgetary oversight and staffing) ensuring that all projects are reliably delivered on time, on budget and with a consistently high standard of quality.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- 5 years of Project Management
- 3 years with sophisticated Project Management tools such as: Microsoft Project, Jira, or related
- Experience in the Healthcare Insurance Industry
- Experience with Project Management Methodologies (Agile, Scrum, SDLC and Waterfall)
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Certified Scrum Masters (CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- SAFe Agilist or related Agile certifications
- Experience with directing and implementing process
- Demonstrated knowledge about project management techniques and tools
- Outstanding communication skills - both verbal and written - as excellent internal communication skills, and a commitment to proactive communication are required to be successful in this key position
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Exceptional attention to detail and time-management skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Performance-driven approach to tasks, with high standards and a proven ability to achieve established goals and milestones
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-building skills
- Self-starter with positive energy, resilience, and commitment to excellence in project delivery
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, take initiative, prioritize tasks and effectively communicate with co-workers when a delaying issue arises
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and field related software
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with Project Management tools – MS Project, Jira, Digital AI, etc.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org