Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
*$10,000 sign on bonus available for eligible candidates**
Operates Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) equipment to produce cross-sectional images for diagnostic purposes after assessing and screening patients based on ACR and supporting governing bodies' regulations and requirements. Complies with applicable safety policies, procedures, and regulatory agencies' guidance. Ensures safety of patients, visitors, and associates. Performs diagnostic imaging according to radiologist/medical director approved protocols and completes other duties as assigned. Serves as a physician liaison and department expert. Interacts with patients in a compassionate manner and demonstrates professionalism in all interactions. Works collaboratively with medical staff and other associates to ensure timely and thorough medical imaging.
- Utilizes an MRI scanner and its associated equipment to perform diagnostic MRI studies in an age sensitive manner. Follows established MRI protocols and consults radiologist or chief technologist when modifications to protocols are needed. Positions patients and selects anatomical and technical parameters accurately to independently perform MRI Scan imaging to include use of post processing equipment. Addresses age specific requirements and established time frames. Prepares for and assists the Physician in MRI procedures if applicable.
- Communicates and interacts with patients with consideration for varying degrees of illness in order to elicit the necessary clinical history and to ensure patient understanding and cooperation. Reads and reviews all orders, patient clinical history, lab results and reason for exam prior to beginning patient exam. Verifies the accuracy of the patient order. Requests orders for and/or performs laboratory test when required. Utilizes multiple software applications to enter history and track exams.
- Notifies Radiologist of critical MRI exams that require immediate interpretation. Reviews and post processes images ensuring that a diagnostic exam is available for interpretation. Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations using established procedures/protocols. Responds to adverse events or any change in patient's status while undergoing exam and in the department.
- May perform duties of Radiology Technologist as assigned or required. May assist with transportation of patients/families when necessary. Assists with orientation of new hires and clinical oversight requirements for students as applicable.
- Maintains adequate supplies for exam area and notifies supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
- Completes daily calibrations and warm-up procedures in order to ensure optimal image and quality and to ensure that the MRI scanner is operating in accordance with the equipment manufacturer's specifications. Utilizes appropriate safety standards and performs quality control procedures when needed.
- Delivers positive patient experience. Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, AHN leadership and staff, physician offices and designated external agencies or vendors. Performs any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships. Has a daily focus on attaining productivity standards, recommending new approaches for enhancing performance and productivity when appropriate. Adheres to AHN organizational policies and procedures for relevant location and job scope. Completes and/or attends mandatory training and education sessions within approved organizational guidelines and timeframes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates degree or certificate from two year college or technical school.
- ARRT Registered Technologist RT(R) required.
- RT(MR) eligible, certification may be required within 12 months per facility.
- CPR certification.
- Minimum one year related experience or training.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org