Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
The main responsibility of the Network VP, Facilities & Real Estate Services is to provide oversight for all planning, development, design and construction, and operations management for all owned and leased facilities for all entities across the Allegheny Health Network and any other diversified businesses/subsidiaries/affiliated entities.
This individual manages the core processes relative to strategic planning, corporate real estate portfolio management, architectural/engineering consulting, business operations, budgeting and project management of the capital spend, working closely with the executive team.
Develops and executes an overall real estate portfolio management strategy and tactics for business and corporate stakeholders, aligning the needs and requirements of all entities with each other, and with the overall company’s asset strategy, tactics and functional targets. Additionally, provides strategic vision and leadership for engineering, business operations, budgeting and project management.
This individual will play a significant role in shaping the direction of the corporate real estate portfolio through strategic acquisitions and execution of an effective cost-reduction strategy relative to current properties while also be the Corporation to effectively utilize the real estate portfolio in support of identified strategic objectives.
1. Responsible for design and construction activities supporting the mission of the organization encompassing renovation and construction projects for hospitals, physician organizations, research, ambulatory care and education programs as well as administrative and support functions.
2. Oversees and directs all capital expenditures for the construction and renovation of facilities, infrastructure and real property, consistent with planning and design goals.
3. Influences and leads cross-functional teams to ensure coordination of each project to leverage an efficient design process and to optimize program and space efficiency, flexibility and life cycle costs. Ensures capital project management processes enable the enterprise to complete projects on time and within budget.
4. Develops and implements systems to monitor project performance against budget authorization, project schedules and established quality control standards. This includes identifying variances and working with project management staff to develop and implement plans to correct ineffective operations.
5. Directs the development and implementation of design and construction standards to ensure projects are executed at appropriate levels of quality, are compatible with the organization’s sustainability plan and are effectively commissioned prior to occupancy. Provides expertise with overseeing renovation and construction programs in a large, complex integrated delivery system.
6. Effectively protects institutional interests and ensures appropriate controls are in place to ensure compliance with all financial, regulatory and safety requirements.
7. Directs the process for preparation of the operating and capital budget, focusing on new programs designed to enhance service and/or reduce future operating costs.
8. Maintains stakeholder relationships with key target audiences, which may influence the (public) perception of the company and the effective management of the real estate portfolio. The Network VP should have a vision that extends beyond traditional real estate portfolio management to encompass the key roles that thought leadership and stakeholder development play in supporting both products and corporate initiatives.
9. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in healthcare industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team
- 15 years’ experience in the real estate field to include leadership, strategic vision, problem solving, team building and outstanding client relationship and staff management skills.
- This individual must possess a proven track record in new business development inclusive of capturing significant savings by boosting efficiencies, maximizing resources and reducing expenses.
- Deep knowledge of the real estate market around the U.S., specifically in the Mid-Atlantic Region is a must.
- MS or MBA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership skills – ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results.
- Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach.
- Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? Yes
If yes, indicate the number of direct reports:
Is Travel Required?
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org