Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job builds new analytical solutions which inform business processes and operations at the heart of our advanced analytics capability. The incumbent is responsible for large scale data science products or capabilities that not only touch internal stakeholders, but potentially also vendors and external contacts, and requires significant and deep subject matter expertise to drive the strategy of the products they own. Draws on tools and methods from statistics and machine learning to perform analysis, create predictive models, visualize data, and drive projects through to delivery of the intended outcome. The incumbent and their small number of direct reports jointly design, execute and synthesize point analytics to support specific business questions, programs or initiatives.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Create and communicate the product/capability portfolio vision, strategy and roadmap. Own the product/capability backlog and uses multi-directional input to refresh and re-prioritize the backlog to drive business value. Clearly articulates product backlog items and acceptance criteria to the team to avoid any yield loss. Represent the product in all governance meetings. Proactively identify new initiatives/themes and builds out backlog items under these new initiatives or themes based upon value. Identify and monitors success metrics and determines methodology to achieve product outcomes. Empower team to manage their work by setting clear priorities from the product development and enhancement backlog.
- Work directly with the business to understand their questions, business processes, programs and/ or initiatives, then identifying how analytical solutions could help deliver value for them (e.g., more effective and/ or efficient processes). This would include being accountable for, outlining new use cases, creating high level impact estimates, and identifying the necessary data elements (including proxies) to deliver the analytical solution to complex business problems. Assemble data sets using knowledge of where the required data exists within the Organization's source data system, derived production sets or publicly available sources. Includes securing appropriate access and documenting objectives, assumptions and processes.
- Select and apply the appropriate advanced modeling/machine learning techniques to these data sets to deliver business insight, ensuring that the final analysis is well researched, accurate, and documented. This requires technical flexibility, in-depth knowledge and delivery of advanced analytical approaches, for example regression models, tree-based learning, neural networks, clustering techniques, natural language processing.
- Consult with the business to contextualize and translate the results of our analysis in a form which the business can understand and take action on. This will be include written reports, presentation and data visualizations, and draws clear lines between the high-level problem specifications, the analyses performed, and how the results link directly back to business objectives. It requires the incumbent to demonstrate their depth of understanding of many areas of the business, the data and the analytical methods through ongoing engagement with a range of audiences.
- Plan, prepare and deliver/coordinate all elements of the analysis in such a way that it is delivered on time, to a high standard and ready to implement on a production basis (including dissemination through the Organization's user systems). This includes identifying the best route to implementation (developing the analytical solution accordingly).
- Research self- directed new analytical skills and approaches, building relationships internally and externally to transfer knowledge and maintain their position as subject matter experts, consult with follow data scientists and analysts to guide analysis and deliver larger projects.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science or Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science or Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience
- Doctorate in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science or Engineering
- 5 years in data analytics, academic research and/or work experience
- 1 year in Using Large Data-sets
- 1 year in Utilizing Statistical Software
- 1 year in Data Visualization
- 1 year in Predictive Modeling
- 1 year in the Healthcare Industry OR
- 1 year in Research and Development OR
- 1 year in a Business Analyst role OR
- 1 year of Consulting
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Collaborative Problem Solving, Data Analysis
- Statistical Analysis,Written & Oral Presentation Skills
- At least one of the following automation tools and techniques: Auto IT, Selenium, and/or Python/Java automation libraries, Knowledge of Python, Java, R, and/or Scala, Proficiency with big data tools such as Hadoop, SparkMap Reduce, Pig, Solr, Basic proto-typing/front end skills such as RShiny Flask, Django, Data analytics, including the development of data-driven predictive models
- Proficient operating in a Linux environment and with basic shell scripting
- Proficient command of SQL, Demonstrated knowledge of concepts of power analysis, hypothesis testing, inference
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org