Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
The job directs and oversees the design and development of digital cloud based software that enables a simplified, proactive, personalized health experience. Applies engineering concepts and principles to the design of software solutions. Oversees development strategy, evaluation of business needs, definition of technical specifications that meet functional requirements, coding, delivery, and support of secure and efficient solutions or enhancements. Develops software quality standards and tests functionality and monitors performance. Partners with business stakeholders, collaborates with peers, leads cross functional teams, and manages vendors. Regularly engages with Planning and Design, Architecture, Platform Operations, other Product Development Management, Product Maintenance, Consulting Services, Infrastructure, and Marketing teams to enhance product offering and delivery. Has extensive experience with the concepts and principles of one or more related fields or departments. Leads and directs the work of other employees and has responsibility for personnel actions including hiring, performance management, and termination. Contributes to strategic planning, direction, and goal setting for the department or function in collaboration with senior management. Establishes departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization. Strong focus on software development and operational excellence using Agile and Lean practices to create market differentiated solutions. Ensures outcomes are compliant, high quality, available, reliable, effective, and secure.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provides oversight of multiple aspects of the technical product life cycle (Planning and Design, Architecture, Product Development and Management, Product Maintenance, Platform Operations) to ensure operational excellence and continuous improvement of processes.
- Contributes thought leadership and industry expertise to strategic planning and execution for current and future products.
- Actively engages and builds relationships with delivery and maintenance teams to align strategy, leverage resources, and maximize value.
- Ensures the implementation and adherence of government regulations, mandates, corrective action plans, and process improvement initiatives.
- Owns profit and loss accountability for product area, manages budget, seeks opportunity for profitable growth.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 6 years of related and progressive experience in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 10 years in Technology Services
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years in the Healthcare Industry
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Six Sigma Certification
- Outstanding customer focus, results orientation, strategic thinking, change advocate, continuous improvement, talent development
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Deep technology product life-cycle knowledge
- Track record of driving transformational change, leading teams, developing & motivating talent, and building relationships
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org