Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The position sits in the central strategy office and is responsible for identifying, collecting, and sharing key health care market and competitive information through secondary search with some need for primary search to augment the insights. The incumbent is responsible for leading market and competitive intelligence related to both the payer and the provider side of our business. In addition to collecting and sharing key competitive intelligence, the incumbent will be responsible for drawing insights and implications to the business to help guide our strategy going forward. It is imperative that the incumbent creates a strong network across the organization to understand our strategy and business opportunities more broadly to help provide relevant insights based on market and competitive research. The incumbent will also be responsible for working with senior level leadership to share insights and discuss implications to the business.
- Lead independently competitive and market secondary research to help identify key trends and competitive development that can impact the business
- Develop strategic insights and implications to our business to help guide the integrated business planning process
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to further insights on competitive and market trends
- Serve as a thought leader in key trends and topics impacting both the payer and the provider side of the business
- Help develop standard analytics and processes to use in leading various strategic initiatives.
- Play a role in shaping the culture and skill set of the STO.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree in Business, Public Health or M.D. degree
- 6 years of post-bachelor degree related experience in Business or Healthcare or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2 years consulting experience with some exposure to innovation or healthcare related fields or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 6 years of experience in payer, hospital system, or care delivery industry
- Experience influencing change in complex organizational systems
- 5 years of experience in competitive intelligence capacity
- Competitive intelligence research skills
- Demonstrated ability to research the healthcare market including knowledge of the key US payer players
- Ability to simplify extensive information and derive insights and implications based on business needs
- Knowledge of the provider market
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated influencing, and teamwork skills
- Basic project management skills
- Focus on impacts to the customer of decisions rendered
- Proactive in driving change and continuous improvement
- Strong emotional intelligence, with servant leadership mindset
- Commitment to development of others and self
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
WFA - Work From Anywhere
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Referral Level: 2
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org