Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Date Posted: 11/02/2021
Location: Allegheny General Hospital
Department: Cath Lab
Status: Full Time
Shift: 80 hours every two weeks
Monday through Friday, occasional call when required
The Allegheny Health Network is comprised of eight hospitals: Allegheny General, Allegheny Valley, Canonsburg, Forbes, Jefferson, Saint Vincent, Westfield Memorial and West Penn; and more than 200 primary- and specialty-care practices. And we have approximately 1,700 physicians in every clinical specialty, 17,000 employees and 2,000 volunteers. Together, we provide world-class medicine to patients in our communities, across the country and around the world.
For decades, the hospitals of Allegheny Health Network have been providing people with exceptional healthcare, care that helps people to live healthy lives and care that we deliver throughout their lifetimes.
Since 1885, Allegheny General Hospital (AGH) has offered medical care to Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas. What started with just 50 beds inside two adjoining brick homes has evolved into a premier health care institution with over 600 beds. Today, AGH still follows the founding partners mission statement, “Erected for the benefit of mankind to save life, relieve suffering and conserve health” by continually striving for outstanding patient experience and care. Allegheny General offers its patients many modern-day amenities, state-of-the art surgical suites, innovative technology, and advanced medical treatments, which are delivered by its world-renowned doctors in conjunction with exceptional teams of nurses, technicians, clinicians and supporting staff.
Manages the day to day operations of the Cath lab, including staff supervision and work assignments, financial and budgetary oversight, and performance improvement initiatives. Participates in various hospital committees on behalf of the Director. Assists with diagnostic and interventional cardiac/peripheral procedures.
- Participates in the selection and development of staff, ensuring competency and holding staff to high standards of performance. Supervises staff, manages daily operations of the labs, performs all steps necessary for the performance evaluation of staff, and recommends and implements approved corrective action.
- Works collaboratively with Director in the preparation of annual budgets and ensures that all efforts and processes remain within budget.
- Pursues continuous performance improvement by monitoring and evaluating the quality and appropriateness of care, with the goals of reducing costs and overtime, increasing patient/staff satisfaction, and ensuring patient safety.
- Participates in and leads various hospital committees such as: Conscious Sedation Committee, EPIC Development Committee, Door to Balloon and Core Measures Committees, Carotid Stent Committee, Cath PCI and ACTION Registry Committees, Cath Lab Physician Faculty Committees, Product Review Committee, Claims Denial Committee, and Regulatory Steering Committee.
- Provides the highest caliber of care as prescribed by specialty area for diagnostic and interventional procedures by adhering to hospital policy and educational/certification requirements.
- Ensures cost effective operations by scrutinizing resource utilization such as supply costs and overtime costs. Establishes cost per case amounts and creates CAP reports as needed.
- Maintains department supply inventory and participates in the capital requisition process.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- BSN degree
- Current RN PA license in good standing
- CPR, ACLS
- 5 years of related RN Cardiac experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org