Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The job serves as the regional leader for the department and is responsible for promoting and enhancing the corporate community image of Highmark and Allegheny Health Network through strategic community partnerships, programs, volunteerism, and corporate giving initiatives in Northwest Pennsylvania. Corporate Giving initiatives include grants and sponsorships, major corporate giving efforts, provider grants, as well as key initiatives that support the Diversified Businesses, such as EITC and NPP for the region. The manager is responsible for a departmental budget and supervises the Northwest PA (NWPA) team. The manager will work with Corporate Communications to promote external and internal community opportunities, and maintain a calendar of events for regional corporate giving. Serves as the Community Affairs representative in cross-functional teams with Corporate Communications, Marketing and PR. Develops and manages the elements by which the department will assess impact of the corporation’s giving for internal and external reporting purposes. Builds and maintains positive external relationships with local and regional nonprofit leaders on behalf of the enterprise. Willing to work on an on-call basis, as needed evenings and weekends, to respond to executive requests and as deemed essential for the success of regional efforts.
1. Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
2. Develop and implement strategies that support core business units to enhance market position through strategic community partnerships, programs, volunteerism, corporate giving (grants and sponsorships), and other corporate initiatives.
3. Develop and implement strategies that improve and enhance the internal and external communications of corporate partnerships and giving, and take full advantage of the opportunities and activation of high level grants and sponsorships.
4.Develop and implement overarching corporate engagement and giving strategies that ensure alignment with enterprise goals.
5. Work collaboratively with Community Program leadership and serve as ambassador and resource for Community Programs activities (signature programs, volunteerism, and employee engagement) in NWPA to facilitate development of regional internal and external partnerships.
6. Manage Corporate Grants, Sponsorships & Funding Requests:
- Serves as a resource and team lead to Community Affairs Analysts and Coordinators on grant-making and sponsorship processes, providing guidance and training as needed
- Represents the Community Affairs VP in multiple roles and functions as delegated across the Western PA region
- Responsible for significant programmatic grant requests, as well as any funding requests that are sensitive or strategic in nature.
- Provides thorough due diligence on prospective grantees which may include site visits, examination of project budget, research on program impact and need, and information regarding organizations.
- Independently reviews and evaluates and manages the NWPA team’s review and evaluation of funding requests, and presents funding recommendations at staff meetings based on Highmark and Allegheny Health Network’s strategic directions and business needs, the value of the initiative, and assessment of the organization’s capability to successfully implement the initiative. Assesses both benefits and risks to Highmark and Allegheny Health Network for each funding request, and the potential for obtaining positive public recognition.
- Ensures that material is thoroughly prepared for grant review meetings obtaining additional information from applicants as needed. Negotiates and facilitates sensitive issues in the grant-making process.
- Proactively identifies community issues through regular visits to community agencies in all counties within the service area. Makes site visits to observe funded programs in action to insure appropriate and successful implementation of Highmark and Allegheny Health Network funded initiatives and to determine impact.
- Ensures compliance with standard terms and conditions for sponsorship agreements and contracts, department procedures and corporate giving policies, and IRS regulations for grants and programs.
- Accountable for assuring that accurate information is maintained in database by utilizing grants management software as well as insuring paper files are complete.
Regularly makes presentations at community events, and serves as an official ambassador of Highmark and Allegheny Health Network at community programs, events, dinners, galas, etc., developing and building relationships with important constituents to further Highmark and Allegheny Health Network’s reputation as responsible corporate citizens
6. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 7 years’ experience in corporate community philanthropy, health or human service community programs, or related experience, to include
- 3 years management experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience in community grant-making
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in management of team members, volunteers, excellent public speaking skills, project management of large scale, complex programs and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Other relevant qualifications/experience/skills include: computer knowledge, ability to chair committees and meetings, ability to recruit and motivate participants, ability to conduct training classes.
Language: (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Does Not Apply
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org