Company :United Concordia Dental
Job Description :
This job provides strategic leadership in the development of short and long-range objectives, policies, budgets and operating plans for United Concordia, Inc. to assure stability, achieve growth and attain corporate goals. Establishes the executive and management structure, defines the culture and philosophy by which the organization operates, and is accountable for the management and control of the affairs and property of the United Concordia, Inc.
1. Strategic Planning Execution
- Lead the implementation of financial and operational strategy.
- Communication of strategy to management and staff.
- Lead the development and implementation of sales, financial, operational and marketing strategies to respond to market conditions and demands.
- Review relevant financial information for significant corporate decisions.
- Provide input on potential acquisition strategies and partner with Highmark, Inc. Executive staff to implement
2. Financial Operations Oversight
- Review and approval of financial reporting including quarterly regulatory reports and Board of Directors statements.
- Respond to all significant trends regarding product performance, expense variances and investment income fluctuations.
- Lead the development of the annual budget.
3. Operations Oversight
- Lead the development and implementation of technology and process improvements to reduce administrative costs, make it easier for customers to do business with United Concordia, Inc. and enhance capabilities to continue to grow in the respective markets.
4. Lead a highly effective team
- Lead an organization that deploys executive, managerial and staff resources effectively.
- Provide developmental and growth opportunities for direct reports
- Provide regular coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Ensure a collaborative senior management work team that is focused on achieving business goals in a preferred work environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of operational or financial management experience in healthcare, group insurance or employee benefits industry
- 5 years in leadership role (Director or above)
CPA, MBA, or Master’s Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Progressive work experience as a key staff member in a national scope, corporate environment; subject to general direction of a Board of Directors
- Execution of strategic plans
- Working knowledge of the full breadth of services and capabilities within an insurance environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial and strategic information to Board of Directors and external parties in a clear and concise manner
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong Analytical skills to assess the effectiveness of business operations
- Strong grasp of the key factors that drive the financial results of insurance companies
- Knowledge of relevant regulations pertaining to insurance operations
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org