Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job promotes the understanding, integration, and application of clinical data and health information technology to solve critical healthcare business challenges across the enterprise. Leveraging experience in and knowledge of clinical, technology, and data subject areas, the senior clinical informaticist will assist in the design, development, and deployment of impactful production-grade data and analytic solutions. Their expertise in informatics will be used to drive change and inform strategic and tactical initiatives at the enterprise level. Areas of influence will include but are not limited to data governance, data science, healthcare interoperability, and reference data management. This is a cross-functional and highly collaborative role, and the incumbent will serve as a liaison to bridge gaps between people, processes, clinical knowledge and technology across the enterprise.
- Combine knowledge of healthcare and experience in clinical settings to deliver value and insights through enterprise-grade data & analytic solutions.
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the use of clinical ontologies, vocabularies and code sets in support of internally- and externally-sourced data. Includes support for bi-directional interoperability efforts across the enterprise.
- In coordination with Enterprise Data Governance, assist with the development of business rules and associated code-based definitions related to clinical data domains. Includes but is not limited to sensitive data classification, disease states, clinical episodes, reimbursement episodes, pharamacy use, and care plans.
- Work with teams across health plan, clinical, administrative, and IT business units to understand clinical data needs, evaluate opportunities to fullfill those needs through data and analytics, and participate in the build and delivery of analytic solutions.
- Assist with design, build and deployment of robust analytic data solutions including but not limited to real-time/streaming analytics and alerting, data integration and interoperability, NLP, and AI/ML algorithms. Includes processes to convert prototypes into production solutions.
- Provide clinical process and system expertise and training.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Informatics, Health Information Management, Information Systems or equivalent
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Informatics, Health Information Management, Information Systems or equivalent
- 5 years of working in a Clinical Care setting - e.g., ambulatory, hospital, post-acute
- 3 years of hands-on experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) system like EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, or comparable
- 3 years in Clinical Workflow, Clinical Systems, and the underlying data used to support clinical decision-making
- 3 years in Data Analysis, Analytics, Business Intelligence or Reporting
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Clinical licensure (e.g., nursing) OR
- Clinical coding certification
- Analytically strong and familiar with clinical informatics concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience with heatlhcare vocabularies and code sets including ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS, SNOMED-CT, LOINC, and RxNorm
- Familiarity with healthcare interoperability concepts including HL7 v2.x, FHIR, IHE, X12
- Strong communication skills
Referral Bonus: Level 2
Language (Other than English):
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org