Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The Data Scientist, People Analytics will design and implement analytics-driven solutions for the most pressing human capital priorities across all business units of the Highmark Health Enterprise. Focus areas include diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI), talent analytics (e.g., hiring, career movement, turnover, retention and talent diversity impacts), organizational network analysis, organizational and team effectiveness analysis, and predictive modeling in all of these areas.
The people data scientist role is responsible for distilling and delivering the output of multivariate cross-purpose analyses into actionable insights that enable the Enterprise to improve its processes and decision-making strategies. Key to success in this role is the ability serve as a strategic partner and subject-matter consultant to HR representatives and other senior and executive leadership.
- Design and implement data science research projects that utilize advanced statistical methods, such as regression analysis and machine learning, to address existing talent and program issues, such as attrition, performance, and career progression.
- Ability to design, implement and analyze survey data, including comfort with taking action from the data (including all enterprise survey platforms, annual employee surveys, and mid-year pulse surveys).
- Draft technical documents and detailed summaries explaining data science research projects, including shorter executive summaries for presentation to senior & executive leadership.
- Distill and deliver complex analytics that translate into insights that help Enterprise leaders make tactical and strategic decisions.
- Provide end-to-end research, program evaluation and strategic support for data-driven changes to programs, policies or initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science or Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer and Information Science or Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience
- Doctorate degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Physics, or Social Science, with prior People Analytics experience
- 1 - 3 years in Data Analytics
- 1 - 3 years using Large Data-sets
- 1 - 3 years utilizing Statistical Software
- 1 - 3 years in Data Visualization
- 1 - 3 years in Predictive Modeling
- Academic research and/or work experience accepted
- 1 - 3 years in HR or People Analytics
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning/Thinking
- Collaborative Problem Solving
- Data Analysis
- Statistical Analysis
- Written & Oral Presentation Skills a must
- Knowledge of Python, Java, R, Tableau
- Data analytics, including the development of data-driven predictive models
- Proficient command of SQL
- Demonstrated knowledge of concepts of power analysis, hypothesis testing, inference
Language (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Office-Based, Flex, or Remote
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org