Company :United Concordia Dental
Job Description :
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for servicing and potential expansion of business within existing UCD accounts, focusing on medium to large sized accounts. The incumbent is responsible for meeting/exceeding retention, persistency and profitability goals.
This is a mid-level service position with a focus on accounts of moderate complexity.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years of sales or account experience in insurance industry or employee benefits
• 2 or more years of experience using MS Office personal computer based word processing, spreadsheet, and end user reporting software
• Appropriate Department of Insurance licensure for the assigned region is required or ability to obtain within 45 days of hire
• Ability to undertake regular travel throughout the assigned area
• A valid driver’s license
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• A Bachelors degree
• 3 - 5 years of sales or account service experience in the dental insurance industry
• Strong customer orientation/focus
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Account service and support
• Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key account personnel and their associated brokers
• Ensure smooth transition of accounts from Sales Executives
• Follow established service guidelines and protocols
• Detection and timely resolution of existing problems to ensure account satisfaction and retention of business.
• Providing “troubleshooting” support to customers and brokers, typically involving resolution of issues related to benefit interpretations, customer service inquiries, claims adjudication, benefits issues, membership and billing activity, etc. This often requires coordination of support from UCD personnel in a variety of departments.
• Creating and providing customer specific reports as appropriate
• Proactively detecting and resolving concerns and problems in a timely fashion to ensure client satisfaction
• Develop and implement strategies to increase account satisfaction
2. Retention, growth and profitability of existing business:
• Performing annual rate and contract renewal activities while meeting/exceeding retention, persistency and profitability goals
• Interfacing with Underwriting on renewals as needed
• Presenting renewals to accounts
• Educating accounts on new products, services and policies on regular basis
• Prepare and coordinate open enrollment activities
• Develop and implement strategies to prevent enrollment reduction or loss of groups with acceptable loss ratio (claims/premium)
3. Coordinating information and activity with UCD personnel
• Monitoring and report competitor activity, renewal issues, etc.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the competition
• Develop strategies to market against the competition
• Providing support and information to coworkers in Underwriting, Sales, Account Service, and Sales Support as appropriate
4. Analyzing and interpreting competitor networks:
• Utilizing reporting software and internal resources to perform network disruption analysis
• Providing network information to sales and management personnel for use in sales strategy
• Communicating network information to customers and brokers/consultants to highlight competitive advantages
The Account Executive II is also responsible for documenting service, expense and related activity as appropriate.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org