Job Description :
This job manages the development, design and delivery of all employee communications and communications programs that support the brand, vision, mission, and strategic direction of the business for Helion. Consults with and provides leadership, guidance and oversight for the work done by staff members, vendors and consultants for Senior Management teams throughout the business and its subsidiaries to proactively identify and develop key messages and determine the media to be used to deliver them. Accountable for all executive communications. Develops and monitors relevant social media communications for employees (LinkedIn, wikis, pods, etc.), relative to the corporation’s social media policy.
- Perform management responsibilities to include but are not limited to involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary.
- Consult with Senior Leaders to proactively identify strategy and develop and execute key messages, including determining the appropriate media, the packaging, branding, communication plans, and delivery of critical organizational messages to employees.
- Oversee the development, writing, editing, approval, and targeted delivery of all content published in all Helion print and electronic employee communications. Media channels include, but are not limited to, digital screens, employee and external newsletters, company intranets, website design, bulletin boards and console ads across the business.
- May be responsible for executive communications such as 1) Launch and direct communications plan for new market introduction, 2) Development of quarterly Management Meeting content and messaging, 3) Leading, Developing & Implementing affiliation/strategic partnership’s communications plans, 4) Develop and implement Strategic Plan communications, 5) Research, develop, write Issue Papers for reference by corporate audiences, 6) Written remarks for senior executives speaking at public events on behalf of the corporation (charity events, donation ceremonies, media events)
- Develop and monitor relevant social media communications for employees (LinkedIn, Facebook, wikis, pods, blogs, etc.), to prepare for affiliation and provider communications via non-traditional media channels.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate between internal and external support/vendors for communications, branding and marketing. Must be knowledgeable on co-branding standards of the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- 7 years in Communications
- 3 years in Management
- 3 years in Internal Communications
- 5 - 7 years in the Health Insurance Industry
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Communication Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Influence and Persuasion
- Relationship-builder with Unsurpassed Interpersonal Skills
- Vendor Management
- Business Acumen
Language Requirement (other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org