Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
The VP of Enterprise Strategy will report directly to the EVP, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer. The VP will co-lead the Strategy and Transformation office responsible for corporate strategy development, competitive intelligence, competitive strategy, for the Highmark Health enterprise of companies. This office is responsible for the ongoing development/refinement of Highmark Health’s enterprise strategy, including setting vision and direction, articulating priority initiatives, and detailing out strategies. The VP will lead a small team of experienced strategy consultants in working with the Enterprise BU’s as requested on strategy projects associated with key initiatives or BU’s. These projects will be determined by the Executive Leadership Team and typically will be “owned” by people across the Enterprise outside the STO. In this capacity, the VP will need to manage his/her team as a small in-house consulting group. The VP will work closely with their co-leader to link the Enterprise Strategy with strategic planning, competitive intelligence, and the enterprise competitive strategy.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead the development of the Enterprise Strategy, working in close collaboration across the strategy office. This is typically done every five years with a refresh period every year.
- Lead a team of strategy consultants to work on priority strategic initiatives across the Enterprise. These initiatives will be sponsored by the Executive Leadership Team and will typically be one of two types:
- a cross-enterprise initiative that requires a strategy (e.g., post-acute, tele-health); or
- a BU-specific strategy that requires support (e.g., Medicare strategy for hospital, service area strategy for a particular region).
The type and topical focus of these will vary but could come in from any of our businesses Refine and improve our standard process for strategy development and develop an internally-facing communication strategy as to when and how to use
- Build a small team of experienced consultants with a cross-functional set of expertise (e.g., some payor, some provider, some healthcare in general)
- Collaborate with STO leadership to develop the roadmap for Highmark Health transformation and identify where strategy is needed
- Help foster the development of a more strategic mindset across the organization
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- Master's Degree i n Business or related field
- 7 years in Healthcare Strategy, with strong preference for Payor Experience
- 7 years in a management role
- 3 years in Consulting
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Must have “servant leader” orientation – mindset toward helping others in the organization build out strategy and not needing to “own” anything him/herself
- Expertise in strategic problem-solving using a standard methodology High degree of emotional intelligence and resiliency; the work in this role changes frequently and VP will need to be able to flex with changes
- Strong communicator – able and willing to write and give presentations in multiple formats
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and lean in to do the work Strong history of people leadership and attraction – will need to be willing to recruit regularly and lead team of individual contributors
Language (Other than English)
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org