Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs duties related to abstraction, analysis and management of data related to the services of Hospital Radiology and Out Patient Community Diagnostic Departments. Collects, organizes, and maintains patient data as directed by performance improvement initiatives for the service line. Works in conjunction with Radiology Medical Leadership and management to maintain Peer Review and Quality reporting. Also works with managers to assure equipment replacement and new installations are handled for the service line. Responsible to audits accounts to assure that appropriate protocols are being followed. Works with contracted radiology vendor to assure interfaces are working properly. Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Abstracts and manages data related to the services provided by the Radiology Department. This includes working with associated departments and managers as it relates to the management of the charge codes and proper diagnosis.
- Collects, organizes, and maintains patient data as directed by performance improvement initiatives for the service line. Works as part of a multi-disciplinary group of staff and physicians to meet goals set by the service line.
- Utilizes performance improvement models to facilitate change with service line quality initiatives. Works with management and lead techs to maintain accreditation of programs and the collection of data needed to assure accreditation.
- Assist mammography departments with uploading of outside prior images and assure availability for the radiologist in a timely manner.
- Work with managers to assure charge reconciliation is performed daily to and the correct billing information matches the control schedule and supplies that are used within the department.
- Provides initial training for new radiologist on the use of Radiology Systems and coordinates EPIC training for radiologist through Health Stream. Works as liaison to assure interfaces between Jefferson Hospital Radiology Departments and Foundation Radiology Group are working properly. Initiates necessary communication to FRG as needed.
- Responsible to assure that PEER REVIEW information is maintained and sent to Medical Staff Services as well as the ACR for Out Patient Community Diagnostic Centers.
- Other duties will be assigned as needed by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field
- 4 years Radiology or Nuclear Technologist experience required including current certification
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice