Company :Gateway Health Plan
Job Description :
I. GENERAL OVERVIEW:
As a manager of the Data Integration team you will provide value to customers by helping to deliver outstanding integration solutions. The ideal candidate is highly technical, committed to quality, an excellent communicator, and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves when confronted with technical or business challenges and change. In this role you will have hands on experience in the full development lifecycle, working with diverse data formats on industry leading technology, like Informatica . You will have an opportunity to provide input to Data Integration strategy, helping to set and drive standards and best practices.
II. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides subject-matter direction and guidance to lower-level staff
• Trains, develops, and mentors staff
• Assigns, monitors, and reviews progress and accuracy of work
• Provides technical leadership in first-line resolution of complex technical problems
2. Provides Staff Management oversight
• Hires, promotes, separates or makes recommendations regarding same
• Conducts performance reviews and assesses, manages performance
• Engages in skills assessments and promotes professional development of staff
• Assigns tasks, schedules work and establishes priorities
3. Adheres to Departmental budgeting and fiscal responsibilities
• Oversees process for recording hours
• Schedules work and assignments to maximize appropriate use of resources
Optimizes the utilization of resources by applying appropriate concepts, technologies and workflows
4. Provides deep expertise in assigning and overseeing work of staff. Visualizes, articulates, and solves moderately complex problems/issues
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization
• Connects strategy to employee’s job responsibility
• Participates, as necessary, in training and development to remain current in field(s) of expertise.
5. Actively participates in project teams
• Manages and tracks project details
6. Promotes continuous improvement of processes and delivery of results within assigned unit/area. Ensure compliance with corporate [and industry?] standards, policies and regulations (SOX, SSP, DIACAP, PHPLC, etc.)
7. Provides leadership during periods of transition as the organization changes to respond to business opportunities/challenges, new technologies, legislation and other environmental factors
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education, Licenses/Certifications, and Experience
• *Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Science or comparable major
8+ years’ experience
• Or Master’s Degree +2 years exp.
Data Integration background
Experience with ETL Tools(Informatica etc.), Integration Engines(Rhapsody etc.), Enterprise Scheduling Systems(Tidal etc.) and SQL
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Skills Software Development Lifecycle Licenses or Certifications
COBOL Waterfall Certification in applicable areas such as:
CSS3 Rationale DB2
SAS Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
Cognos Project Management - PMP
Hadoop Certified Quality Analyst (CQA)
SQL Scrum Master Certification
J2EE Lean/Six Sigma Certification
IMS, DB2, Oracle and Teradata Databases
*Grandfathered degree requirement effective July 2014
A Team Manager must also possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
(1) Working knowledge of reporting software
(2) Proficient knowledge of end-user personal computing skills
(3) Proficient PC skills and knowledge on files and folders.
(4) Proficient analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
(5) Strong interpersonal skills to manage employees and interact appropriately with senior management, internal clients, and
(6) Ability to adapt to change, multi-task, meet multiple deadlines, collaborate, lead others, work on a regular and timely basis
and work irregular hours, holidays and weekends.
IV. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY (People Management Responsibility)
Does this role supervise/manage other employees? No □ Yes x
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Is Travel Required?
No □ Yes x
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org