Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job is relevant to a growing need for quantitative insight for use in risk analysis, financial forecasting, and business decision-making across the Highmark Health enterprise. The incumbent will play a key role in the Enterprise's goal of moving towards objective quantitative risk analysis (including strategic, operational, and compliance risk assessments), using objective measurement to evaluate the performance of risk transfer / mitigation tactics, and understanding the financial implications of uncertainties in business decisions (including procurement and business cases). The incumbent is expected to leverage proven quantitative modeling and analysis techniques to understand business problems, building tools to support quantitative risk analysis, and educating analysts in the fundamentals of risk quantification. Will engage directly with business leaders, the Chief Investment Officer, the Enterprise CFO to deliver objective insights into the effect of uncertainty on key financial and business outcomes. Finally, the incumbent will work with Audit & Compliance leaders and various risk functions to bring new objective quantitative risk perspectives to decision-making.
- Develops and supports routine tools that support the quantification financial risk, strategic risk, and compliance risk.
- Engages with business leaders and subject matter experts across the enterprise to evaluate business decisions using appropriate quantitative tools and techniques to connect decisions to outcomes under uncertainty.
- Collaborates with team members to build and manage a library of stochastic variables for leveraging in estimates across the enterprise.
- Educates analysts across the enterprise in the fundamentals of quantitative modeling & Monte Carlo simulation, including communicating results to leadership
- Support the growth of insights into the economic capital measurement for the organization at a line of business, business unit, and enterprise level.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Engineering, Finance (w/ minor in Statistics or Mathematics)
- Master's Degree in Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial Engineering
- Doctorate in Operations Research, Management Science, Industrial Engineering
- 3 years in a Data Analyst, Actuary, Economist, Decision Scientist / Analyst OR Quantitative Analyst role
- 5 years of working in complex, matrixed environments or working in/across multiple business
- 5 years with Financial Model development
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- FAIR (Factor Analysis of Information Risk)
- Informs CAP (Certified Analytics Professional)
- Pstat (Accredited Professional Statistician)
- Demonstrated ability to learn key drivers of a specific industry and how to apply those drivers to business, risk, and analysis activities
- Financial analysis ability including an understanding of financial statements and key financial drivers
- Possesses exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Works in a collaborative manner and demonstrates excellent facilitation skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills across verbal, written, and PowerPoint mediums; able to simply and concisely communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen
- Communication and presentation skills including the ability to articulate complex financial concepts to executive management, and other business leaders
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org