Job Description :
Provides first aid on site at school to students and staff, and administers medications to students.
- Administers prescribed medication to students, following the established protocol by the school district.
- Administers first aid treatment in a safe and timely fashion, under guidelines established by the school district.
- Maintains policy on the exclusion and readmission of students in connection with communicable diseases.
- Establishes and maintains open and effective communication with all personnel affecting student health services.
- May conduct school testing and evaluations; vision and hearing testing, and tuberculin skin testing.
- May process and maintain daily attendance, type correspondence, maintain files and records, prepare and distribute reports, and chair the Safety Committee.
- Nursing School Diploma
- RN licensed in PA
- Certified in CPR--Health Care Provider Services
- Current license to drive a motor vehicle
- BA/BS Degree
- Recent medical/surgical experience, emergency medicine experience
- School nursing experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and trai
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org