Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides overall direction, coordination and supervision for organizing, planning, scheduling and implementing activities for facilities engineering operations; implements programs that efficiently utilize both human and material resources to provide the highest level of support while minimizing both internal and external costs; ensures maintenance and operation of the facilities, building systems and grounds.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient functioning, maintenance and operation of all campus buildings, physical structure, HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and automation monitoring equipment, machinery, systems, and grounds keeping. (30%)
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service. (20%)
- Directs and coordinates facility efforts during emergency related situations as outlined by the internal and external disaster plans. Directs the scheduled testing of the hospital's emergency systems in accordance with regulatory agency and Joint Commission standards. (20%)
- Provides oversight of budgets, staffing, planning, policy, procedure, and training for all Facilities department, skilled trades’, contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. (15%)
- Collaborates with project management team to propose, evaluate and plan new construction projects; continually monitors construction projects for cost effectiveness, applicable legal compliance to codes and timeliness. (15%)
- Bachelor’s Degree – from an accredited College or University
(Education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- 7 years’ facilities management experience or associated engineering.
- 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience in effectively and efficiently solving problems in pressure situations; strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with local, state, federal compliance requirements of utility and safety systems in a healthcare environment or similar highly regulated environment
- Current PA driver's license
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Construction, etc.
- Certified Healthcare Facilities Manager (CHFM) Certification
- Experience in a healthcare facility.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org