Company :HM Health Solutions
Job Description :
This job will be expected to provide leadership oversight to a group of project managers within a value stream. The incumbent's focus will be to support the individual project managers in the delivery of the projects within their domain. The incumbent will be expected to have a clear understanding of the projects being managed by their team and ensure that all delivery management processes are being followed correctly. Will provide training and mentoring to the development of the project managers to improve their skills. In the event where a project would require additional leadership support the manager is expected to step in and remove obstacles and support stakeholder management.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Manages the assignment of project managers to specific requests for work. Ensures that the project manager has proper information about impacted domains and reviews outputs to ensure that they are completed successfully.
- Supports delivery owner in allocation of resources from across the matrixed organization. Resolves conflicts in scheduling that may require cross domain coordination or excitations. Reviewing work plans and breakdowns to ensure that all required activities are being addressed. Review project budget and allocations to ensure correct delivery of the project. Reviews risk identification to ensure that all appropriate risks are identified for the project. Review communication plans and stakeholder identification to ensure completeness.
- Reviews communication and status and engages in go to green plans for all yellow or red projects. Support issue resolution through engagement of their experience and involvement of other teams.
- Validate that all project budget and time tracking progress has been completed correctly and timely. Engage and help to address any project with budget variances. Review and approve all change controls before presentation to stakeholders.
- Facilitate lessons learned activities for projects that are closing out. Ensure that all project artifacts are documented and archived.
- Actively engage in all Yellow / Red projects to resolve open issues. Be prepared to accept and manage escalations for projects in their domains. Have regular meetings with the stakeholders for critical projects. Ensure that any issues for project are properly escalated to senior leadership.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare
- 7 years Project Delivery Experience
- 7 years Client Relationship Management
- 3 years Team Leadership and Management
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- PMI - Project Management Professional
- Project Management
- Financial Planning and Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Problem Management and Resolution
- Working in a Matrixed Organization
- Client Expectations Management
Language (Other than English)
25% - 50%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement: This position adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org