Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job performs thorough medical record review to abstract medical and demographic data, interpret and apply diagnoses and procedures utilizing ICD coding systems and assists in decreasing the average accounts receivable days.
- Reviews and interprets medical information, physician treatment plans, course, and outcome to determine appropriate ICD codes for diagnoses and procedures. (65%)
- Abstracts data elements to satisfy statistical requests by the hospital, health system, medical staff, etc. and enters all coded/abstracted information into designated system. (15%)
- Ensures efficient management of medical information and cash flow as it pertains to the unbilled coding report. (10%)
- Keeps informed of the changes/updates in ICD guidelines by attending appropriate training, reviewing coding clinics and other resources and implementing these updates in daily work. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. (5%)
- High School / GED
- 1 year in Hospital coding
- Successful completion of coding courses in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Certified Coding Associate (CCS) within 1 year OR Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR Registered Health Information Associate (RHIA)
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Strong data entry skills
- An understanding of computer applications
- Ability to work with members of the health care team
- Associate's degree in Health Information Management or Related Field
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Pay Range Minimum:$21.88
Pay Range Maximum:$33.57
Base pay is determined by a variety of factors including a candidate’s qualifications, experience, and expected contributions, as well as internal peer equity, market, and business considerations. The displayed salary range does not reflect any geographic differential Highmark may apply for certain locations based upon comparative markets.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice