Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job directs and oversees performance operations and optimization programs, which provides oversight and direction for the portfolio of projects and programs that are designed to discover performance inefficiencies and enhance operational performance inefficiencies. The incumbent will work collaboratively with different stakeholders and multiple cross-functional teams, locations and departments to enhance operational performance. Designs, implements and executes strategies and functions with cross-functional clinical, operational, pharmaceutical, IT, and other operational management teams to ensure the overall goals and objectives of the organization are met, operational processes are documented and streamlined, operational KSAs are mapped and skill gaps are identified/put on a road map to mitigate, and operational quality results are met against these strategies.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Provides coaching to executive leadership team on performance operations solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, process documentation, call scripting, skill gap analysis, and call quality. Attends executive leadership meetings to present progress, influence solutions, and gain strategic direction.
- Provides strategic direction to senior leadership for process documentation, call scripting, skill mapping, skill gap analyses and mitigation plans, and quality adherence to those solutions, governance structure, business support solutions including developing dashboards, SOPs, job aids, and metric/goal management, resulting in enhanced process-oriented performance and effectiveness, skill transformation, effective performance quality measures, and cost containment.
- Identify, participate in and lead projects and initiatives aimed at identifying and solving key performance challenges, including, but not limited to: procedural inefficiencies, non-value added activities and skills, ineffective quality framework or structure, or high operating costs. The approach includes data analyses, process analyses, report generation, problem solving, documentation, and presentations to senior management.
- Utilize quality improvement methods and statistical process controls and tools to achieve project deliverables.
- Establish and monitor individual and team goals, provide feedback and coaching, and take appropriate action to ensure goals are achieved. Ensure ongoing staff development and provide opportunities for education and professional growth.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- This leadership position will provide oversight and strategic direction of the business Readiness and Adoption function, supporting critical change management activities on behalf of various multi-year health plan capabilities implementations, notably within the provider, products, and clinical domains.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration/Management, Health Administration or related field
- Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management or Health Administration
- 7 years with Business Process Design OR Consulting
- 5 years in a leadership role
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence, negotiate and motivate
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Leading change
- Managing large scale projects
- Written and oral presentation
- Analysis of business problems/needs
- Business Consulting
- Developing Relationships
- Data Gathering and Analysis
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Flex Role: Office - based or Work From Home
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org