Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides services by performing a variety of duties such as maintaining the floors in a clean and sanitary condition, distribution of supplies and linen, operates a variety of equipment and performs projects including room setups. Cross-trained to be able to meet the demands and services performed within the department. Provides quality service by utilizing good customer relations to all patients, visitors, and fellow employees
- Responsible for completing major floor cleaning which includes stripping and refinishing, shower scrubbing, shampoo, extract, and burnishing.
- Operate and maintain automatic floor machines, burnishers, extractors, and other floor care equipment.
- Perform other department functions such as, but not limited to, linen distribution, trash pick up, stocking & distributing supplies, picking up and removing confidential containers, and assisting with taking apart traction devices.
- Complete other special projects as assigned. Other projects to include, but not limited to, changing curtains, washing windows, washing walls, moving furniture organizing storage areas, and miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Maintain all cleaning supplies, equipment and environmental closets in a clean and organized manner. Clean all equipment after use and maintain in good repair.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and adheres to the departments goals by following instructions from the leadership team, participates in training, performance improvement process, and adhering to the department attendance policy.
- Complete duties and responsibilities adhering to all safety and infection control policies, procedures and practices including, but not limited to OSHA safety requirements, correct chemical mixing and proper usage, PPE, proper hand-washing techniques, isolation procedures, safe waste handling and know emergency codes and responses.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior knowledge and operation of floor care equipment required. The following machinery/equipment is used on a regular basis: Automatic floor machine, battery burnisher, cord burnisher, battery extractor, cord extractor, rotary floor machine, riding floor scrubber and riding vacuum.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org