Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provide shift leadership for department personnel. Supervises the moving of patients and objects throughout the facility. This position is accountable and has the authority to organize, prioritize, and assign daily patient transport activities to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of patients throughout Jefferson Regional Medical Center. The Team Leader, Transport also observes, monitors, and assists patients waiting in the patient holding area for procedures or for transportation to another area during the evening shift. The Team Leader, Transport transports patients and performs other patient-related clerical, maintenance, and direct care activities as needed. Monitors the use of equipment and supplies. Ensures compliance with regulations, safety, and patient care protocols. Evaluates and contributes to employee performance appraisals. Ensures that all customer service standards and quality standards are met for patients, staff, and public. Covers department positions as needed.
- Covers any department position in the event of call-offs, service needs, and as department operations dictate, etc.
- Completes lead person report for shift worked.
- Monitors completion of tasks and assignments.
- Resolves transportation problems.
- Reassigns staff to meet the demand for the department.
- Carries Vocera and/or Spectralinke telephone as assigned.
- Communicates closely with the Call Center and the Transport Supervisor to ensure service needs for departments, physicians, and patients are being met.
- Ensures coverage of all schedules.
- Changes schedule accordingly and calls in replacements as needed.
- Ensures staff has picked up communication devices.
- Resolves problems and service disruptions with a high standard of customer service and patient satisfaction.
- Follow up on complaints to ensure effectiveness of issue resolution.
- Monitors compliance with standards for Infection Control, OSHA, JACHO, and Department of Health regulations.
- Ensure breaks and lunch breaks are adhered to.
- Provides input into corrective action, performance evaluations, productivity reports, and training.
- High school diploma/GED
- Prior job-related work experience of at least 3 years is required. Experience in a supervisory or team leader position is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org