Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Assists in coordination of daily activities in the Pharmacy Department under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist consistent with state and federal regulations. Performs functions to support pharmacy staff with related medication preparation or client delivery process. Maintains a clean and orderly pharmacy working area appropriate to guidelines.
Eligibility requirements must be met to receive the sign on bonus. Eligibility requirements will be discussed with the Recruiter.
- Work under direct supervision of licensed pharmacist performing duties considered acceptable by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Board of Pharmacy.
- Prepare prescription for filling under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Prepare the prescription and products for the pharmacist to check.
- Prepare computer documentation of supplies and service pharmaceuticals.
- Assure that inventory stock of prescriptions and non-prescription items are correctly maintained and at appropriate levels, as requested.
- Maintain file of patient dispensing sheets.
- Call and supply patients for orders.
- Take calls for pulmonary refills, dispense and mail.
- Record and credit returned supplies.
- Check in medications/supplies and stock shelves.
- Assist with department biannual inventory.
- Thorough knowledge of and strict adherence to Allegheny Health Network Home Infusion’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six months of pharmacy technician or related experience and a knowledge of pharmacy procedures, including parenteral admixtures
- Pharmacy technician certificate/program
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org