Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides operational and financial oversight of imaging departments for a region (Central/Academic, East, South, and Far North). Plans, directs, administers, monitors and evaluates the delivery of imaging services and is responsible for improving quality, operational efficiency, and productivity while providing cost savings and revenue enhancing services.
- Conducts assessments of department operations to identify opportunities for improvement in the areas of operational, quality, and process improvement, including patient access, care alignment, patient satisfaction, and revenue cycle. Identifies barriers and implements corrective action measures to ensure positive outcomes. (20%)
- Determines, justifies, negotiates and plans for new locations, equipment purchases, and program development across the region. Plans and monitors the opening of new facilities, equipment installations, and oversees proper working order of equipment. (20%)
- Develops, plans, and budgets on a strategic, tactical, and operational level for each location. Prepares capital and operational budgets and ensures that sections/department operates within allocated funds and productivity levels. (15%)
- Manages and monitors key financial and revenue cycle metrics, including staff hours, resource allocation, expense budget, patient volumes, and the revenue cycle process. Works to achieve volume and financial goals at site level, regional level, and network level. (15%)
- Oversees the recruitment, development, and retention of department personnel; provides feedback and conducts staff performance evaluations; determines leadership development plans and ensures overall staff competencies (technical proficiency). (15%)
- Assists in development and implementation of site-specific and network-wide policies / procedures / protocols / operating standards to meet regulatory requirements such as JCAHO, DOH, Medicare, NRC, FDA, and ACR. (10%)
- Proactively ensures appropriate levels of productivity, standardization of study and procedure times and protocols, and maximizes utilization and capacity with a focus on next appointment availability, ED TAT, and inpatient LOS. (5%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in radiologic sciences, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field
- 5 - 7 years progressively responsible experience in imaging
- 3 - 5 years managerial experience with multiple sites and departments
- Registered Technologist (RT) and/or full certification in a medical imaging specialty issued by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org