Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
This job provides supervision of staff and area functions; may serve as a physician liaison. Performs and prescribes diagnostic radiographic imaging and patient care services per established protocol. Performs other duties as assigned. Delivers positive patient experience and serves as a role model for Core Behaviors. Cooperates with and maintains excellent working relationships with patients, AHN leadership and staff, physician offices and designated external agencies or vendors. Provides any written or verbal communication necessary to exchange information with designated contacts and promote working relationships
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately for independent diagnostic radiographic imaging per established protocols. Prepares for and assists physician while performing procedures. Prepares contrast media and/or medications within accepted scope of practice. (45%)
- Acts as a mentor for new staff and uses technical expertise to improve staff performance. Assists in management of human resources (performance management), staff/equipment schedule, payroll, and non-labor expenses and activities for the department. Maintains a quality assurance program according to regulations established by regulatory bodies. Implements and educates staff on all imaging institute policies, procedures, guidelines, and quality initiatives for the X-RAY modality. (30%)
- Assures completion of all required documentation for quality control and equipment maintenance, procedures, e.g. regulatory, billing, protocol and image distribution. Maintains ACR certification and registries (if applicable). (15%)
- Implements radiation safety and patient safety standards, and provides technical expertise for development of protocols. Implements and standardizes imaging protocols in coordination with radiation physics and division directors. (10%)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience as a Registered Technologist
- Leadership skills
- Radiology certification
- CPR certification
- Bachelor's degree
Previous supervisory experience
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org