Company :Highmark Health
Job Description :
This job partners with the SVP, TEL and Labor Relations Discipline Lead to provide executive-level leadership and guidance with respect to the organization’s labor relations strategy. The incumbent is responsible for serving as a subject matter expert, understanding the complexities of the enterprise labor portfolio and ensuring positive employee relations. Will partner in setting effective policies, procedures and identifying best practices. Ensures regulatory compliance and partners to identify and implement short and long-range strategic labor relations goals. Must have the ability to respond efficiently and effectively and manage the complexity of continually changing business objectives.
- Partners to develop and implement short and long-range strategic labor relations goals. Identifies and tailors best practices to ensure effective implementation of agreed upon strategies, while managing, mitigating and resolving issues around implementation.
- Develops collective bargaining strategy and serves as lead negotiator and/or serves as second chair, when/if external counsel is engaged.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for labor relations. Collaborates with department and organizational leaders to develop and execute approach to positive employee and labor relations.
- Develops, and maintains effective relationships with operations and union leadership to address and resolve issues and proactively implement effective workplace practices. Evaluates, oversees and supports effective resolution of grievances and other local conflicts resulting from collective bargaining agreements.
- Directs and supports legal and the labor relations consultants regarding the interpretation and application of collective bargaining agreements.
- Supports preparation of documents, collaborates with in-house and external Counsel, and participates in all arbitration cases. Works in partnership with HR operations (journeys) on seamless implementation of CBA requirements.
- Partners with internal and external counsel to implement vulnerability assessments. Develops and implements resulting leader training focused on the benefits of a quality workplace and engaged employees. Assess programs that may have an impact on positive employee relations.
- Monitors legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Facilitates development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, monitors their effectiveness, and recommends opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains records and monitors compliance with relevant laws and regulations. Oversees preparation of statistical reports using records of actions taken concerning grievances, disciplines, arbitration and related labor relations activities, to identify and address problems.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field
- Master's degree in Administration, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field, or Juris Doctorate in Employment Law / Labor Relations
- 7 years in Labor/Employee Relations experience, including serving as first chair in multiple contract negotiations and with several unions
- 7 years with managing the labor relations strategy for a large, complex organization
- 7 years of leading, managing and implementing positive employee relations approach
- 5 years of Leadership, including communicating at the executive level
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Ability to interpret regulatory laws/regulations.
- Analytical ability
- Effective verbal and written Communications
- Effective presentation skills
- HR Policies, Standards, and Procedures
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org