Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides direct patient care supervised by RN, assists in maintaining a safe, clean environment and keeps adequate stock supply in all treatment areas.
- Perform special procedures in assisting emergency room and private physicians and nurse practitioners; i.e. splinting, wrapping aces, crutches, preparing laceration trays, dressing changes.
- Assist RN in triage taking vital signs, applying splints and ice. Transport patients to examination rooms. Reassess patients waiting and reports condition to RN.
- Perform phlebotomies, EKGs, pulse oximeters, does RBG's, vital signs, applies oxygen and prepare and send lab specimens by pneumatic tube.
- Restock and restore treatment rooms between patients.
- Enter computer orders in cc and retrieves information from printers.
- Transport patients to and from departments and aid patients on and off stretchers and wheelchairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an EMT or Medical Assistant Program and receiving a certificate of completion.
- Must have a minimum of Heartsaver CPR - Course #1 which includes Adult CPR and Foreign, Body Airway instruction (FBOA). Further requirements are department and unit specific.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org