Company :Highmark Inc.
Job Description :
This job helps to develop and leads the execution of the market strategy for Group Medicare Retirees. Determines the Organization's relative position within markets. Develops and ensures that multi-year growth strategies support the market, profitable growth, and retention. Drives execution across the organization. Leverages market intelligence and internal pipelines to establish and execute a market strategy for Group Medicare Retiree Markets across all geographies in order to grow Group Medicare Advantage (MA) membership and meet Health plan contribution margin goals. Close collaboration with key functional matrix partners is critical for on-going success, including Actuarial, Commercial Markets, Underwriting, Financial Lever Management, Corporate and Segment Strategy, Network Management, Clinical / Living Health, Product, Marketing, Legal, Compliance and Analytics.
- Perform management responsibilities to include, but are not limited to: involved in hiring and termination decisions, coaching and development, rewards and recognition, performance management and staff productivity. Plan, organize, staff, direct and control the day-to-day operations of the department; develop and implement policies and programs as necessary; may have budgetary responsibility and authority.
- Lead matrixed partners in the development of MA Group Retiree specific strategies across all markets.
- Leverage both internal and external market intelligence to create a strategy that balances our objectives to drive sustainable long-term growth in the employer group retiree market and prioritize opportunities.
- Monitor market developments (e.g., competitors’ regulators) and ensure appropriate inclusion in all aspects of market strategy. Understand implications of these developments and take actions accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of Health Insurance Sales role, in the group or individual space
- 5 years in a management or leadership role
- 5 years with Medicare brokers/consultants
- 5 years with Group Retiree and Large Group Commercial Markets
- 5 years of higher-level strategy/program oversight
- 5 years in developing and executing sales plans
LICENSES or CERTIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Strategy development and execution
- Excellent problem resolution abilities
- Motivational/leadership skills
- Working knowledge of Medicare products and compliance requirements
Language (Other than English):
0% - 25%
PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS and WORKING CONDITIONS
Teaches / trains others regularly
Travel regularly from the office to various work sites or from site-to-site
Works primarily out-of-the office selling products/services (sales employees)
Physical work site required
Lifting: up to 10 pounds
Lifting: 10 to 25 pounds
Lifting: 25 to 50 pounds
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org