Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides initial needs assessment of individuals with possible mental health and/or chemical dependency problems. Determines appropriate services and facilitates referrals. Provides information and referrals to individuals or agencies about mental health problems, treatment, community resources and legal procedures. Assists the general public, police agencies and physicians in initiating and processing involuntary commitments.
- Utilizes AHN’s Core Behaviors to collaborate for appropriate assessment, plan, and disposition ( 40%)
- Engages as part of the unit team to provide coverage per Hospital responsibility. (10%)
- Provides backup coverages to units including responding to organizational codes. (10%)
- Effectively communicates all aspects of patient needs utilizing team collaboration, identifying appropriate referral, and disposition ( 40%)
- Bachelor's degree in mental health, counseling, social work, psychology or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in assessment, crisis intervention, working with individuals with mental health problems, addiction or developmental disabilities.
- Certification in nonviolent crisis intervention with 6 months of hire.
- Master's degree.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org