Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and related processes to assess for appropriate treatment, documentation, adherence to protocols, and overall outcomes. Based upon findings, this position is responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders to improve outcomes and spread best practices.
- Responsible for reviewing clinical documentation to assess compliance with best practices, appropriate documentation, adherence to protocols and overall outcomes. (20%)
- Responsible for supporting the needs of the quality team, including infection prevention, regulatory, and patient safety, in regards to audits, process reviews and data aggregation and trending. (20%)
- Analyzes review findings and other data to identify trends and best practices. (15%)
- Collaborates with the HIM and Compliance teams to concurrently review and act upon any identified patient safety indicators (PSI) and/or hospital associated conditions (HAC). Daily evaluation, assessment, and intervention required. (15%)
- Facilitates improvement in outcomes through work (meetings, observations, audits, researching best practices, etc.) with key stakeholders around various quality initiatives. (15%)
- Responsible for working collaboratively with clinical departments to ensure compliance with protocols and ensuring evidence based best practices are implemented. (15%)
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- RN license in state of Pennsylvania
- 1-3 years experience in acute care nursing
- 0-1 years experience in quality development and/or large quality initiatives
- 5 years experience in clinical documentation integrity.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/ProtectedVeterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org