Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Provides strategic and financial leadership for the hospital. Designs and executes strategic financial plans and initiatives that will grow inpatient/outpatient volume, build new business and ultimately build Return on Investment (ROI) for the hospital and system. Working closely with the hospital CEO and other members of the Executive Leadership Team, ensures that the strategic and financial plans are integrated and consistent. Keeping future relationships and regional planning in mind, establishes, analyzes and executes financial policies and goals in support of Allegheny Health Network's (AHN) larger strategic vision. Provides assistance to the CFO of AHN on all financial matters, related to hospital and strategic financial planning. Frequent interaction with hospital Board members, hospital and system senior leadership, department directors, local business leaders, and government agencies requires a collaborative approach to problems with an emphasis on relationship building.
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for JRMC and affiliates and prepares reports that outline JRMC’s financial position in terms of income, expenses and earnings based upon the past, present and future operations.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of budgets and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures and analyzes and reports variances. Determine fiscal requirements and communicate with senior executives to examine inefficiencies and possible savings that may be achieved in meeting and exceeding department budgets.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient and furnishes external reports as necessary. Oversees external audits and implements corrections and improvements as required.
- Oversee and operate all financial systems, including general ledger, AP, PR, fixed asset accounting and budgeting systems. Participate in Capital Budget analysis and planning, and work with purchasing to maximize supply chain efficiency, inventory levels, and lower materials costs.
- Maintains JRMC system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Daily act as chief accounting officer, with responsibility for payroll, accounts payable, and accounting entities and preparation of financial statements and related reports. Final responsibility for providing JRMC financial controls.
- Perform new program or existing program feasibility studies or analysis to determine financial impact and operational effects of program expansion/elimination.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 10-15 years demonstrated, progressively responsible, strategic, financial leadership/management experience within a large hospital, preferably an academic medical center.
- MBA and/or CPA.
Disclaimer: The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this job title. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Compliance Requirement : This job adheres to the ethical and legal standards and behavioral expectations as set forth in the code of business conduct and company policies.
As a component of job responsibilities, employees may have access to covered information, cardholder data, or other confidential customer information that must be protected at all times. In connection with this, all employees must comply with both the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and Privacy Policies and Procedures as well as all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Handbook of Privacy Policies and Practices and Information Security Policy.
Furthermore, it is every employee’s responsibility to comply with the company’s Code of Business Conduct. This includes but is not limited to adherence to applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations as well as company policies and training requirements.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org